Monday, July 23, 2007

randomness...jobs, life and more

So, Mike and I have officially started our new jobs. Everything is going pretty well, but, like always, it is difficult at first. My first day I was shown to my new work area, which I must say...it a lot nicer than my last 4 by 5 ft cubicle. This one has actual walls with paint! Very exciting.

So, I get to my desk and am handed a huge Dell box with a "I hear you are tech-saavy. Go ahead and set this all up and get connected to the networks. Oh, if you need help...you can call me, but I hear you are good at this sort of thing." What? As everyone in my family would tell you, I am the most anti-tech-saavy person ever, but when you have a new job you have to live and exceed everyone's expectations. So, tech-saavy it is. I dug to the bottom of the box and I found this tiny little laptop. Seriously, I thought, "How in the heck am I going to use this computer screen for 8 hours a day. I can't even see the screen, none the less even fit my fingers on the keyboard to type!" After freaking out all day, I found out that I also had an external monitor...so it was okay, whew, disaster avoided.

All and all, the job is going well. Mike is learning a lot and golfing a lot :) Although jobs are going well, I've noticed some other things lacking. I have been really bad at cooking...so bad in fact, that I don't think I've cooked more than 2 meals since I moved a month ago. The picture below says it all. I seriously was eating a plain waffle when Mike snapped a picture with the camera.
On another note, I'm the new sunbeam teacher. That'll be an adventure.

12 comments:

Hannah said...

So funny Angie! That is a little laptop. Are you getting used to it? Did you bring in your own keyboard.

Sunbeam teacher, how fun! You get to give the best lessons, like "i love my hands" and "water is fun." It's great :) Sing lots of songs and use lots of pictures and play games. They'll love you :)

Ryan and Brittany said...

The sunbeam teacher, that is a GREAT calling, they will love you. Does Mike have a calling?

Sharon said...

I love your teeny tiny little computer! You will be so great as the Sunbeam teacher. Those kids are so lucky and the primary presidency is so lucky to have you. I'm glad you put a new blog on. It's always fun to read.

becca said...

You must be tech-savvy if you recognized an "extra external monitor". Hello, genius. And if you could figure out how to hook it up, you might as well join the "geek squad" now.

Good luck with the cooking thing. I go through cycles: one week of near-gourmet meals, then one week of french toast or mac and cheese. Okay, it's been two weeks of french toast or mac and cheese.

But I did go to the grocery store today . . . and then I left my bag of groceries IN THE CART in the parking lot (and it's 100 degrees as usual here).

So, waffles sound great to me! Eat up! You'll be getting goldfish crackers and raisins in sunbeams -- that's healthy!

Love you love you!

Angela and Mike said...

Britt, Mike doesn't have a calling yet. I think I Mike adopt him to by my personal sunbeam helper for the fist couple weeks :)

McGiven Family said...

Sounds like you are doing well here! We are too, just hot! My mom and Abbey were here last weekend and then Abbey stayed and Kelsey flew in so we have been caught up with that. We really want to get together though. Stay in touch and in the next couple of weeks we will. What time is your church? Maybe a Sunday dinner or we could meet you somewhere on a Friday or Saturday night or have you over for dinner and games. That would be fun. I will call you sometime in the next couple of weeks.

jillf said...

There is a word for your little laptop: DAINTY. Does Mike have a dainty laptop, too? I'm trying to imagine his big basketball fingers using it. The Sunbeams are lucky! Always bring extra paper and crayons--you'll be glad! About cooking...the hardest part is the SHOPPING. I can prepare it if I just HAVE it. (Becca, that's a sad story about your grocery bag. I've come home with ALL of my bags still at the grocery store before!)Love you both and we are PROUD as always.

Brooke said...

Yea Angela! I stumbled across your blog. I'm so happy to hear you and Mike are doing well! Your apartment is cute! Good luck with everything!

Angela and Mike said...

BROOKE! Do you have a blog?

Daniel said...

Haha! A plain waffle. May I also suggest frozen Tyson chicken wings? Now in 3 great varieties: Teriyaki, honey bbq, and buffalo style. And, of course, 0g trans fat.

Brooke said...

http://bellowslife.blogspot.com/

Yea! We can be blogging buddies now!

Konfusion with a K said...

Angela!!! I found you! lol. Brooke convinced me to start a blog so maybe you and I can be blog friends now too! Your little house is just PRECIOUS!!!!! Looks like you guys are doing great :)