Monday, September 10, 2007

Summer Fun!

(I'll add pictures to this entry tomorrow)

Mike and I have been living it up for the last 3 weekends. We took a trip to CA to visit family and had a day at the beach. We got a little too much sun, I think I am still peeling. We also had a good time watching HS Musical 2.

The next weekend we had a friend visit us. We all went to see Phantom...it was amazing. The stage and effects they did were spectacular. We then decided to stroll the strip since we hadn't ever done that even though we live here. We did see 4 arrests, but overall...it was fun. We went into ESPN Zone and I actually beat Mike and his friend in basketball (that probably won't ever happen again). After walking all the way to one end of the strip to see the lions in the MGM, they WEREN'T there. They must've been out roaming on the strip. We finished off the night with some Haagen Daas ice cream. The 6 dollar scoop was totally worth it. The next night we played King Tutt mini golf.

*Disclaimer: if I have any spelling problems, my sisters or mother will most likely point them out to me. Thanks for checking up on my grammar!

Last weekend we went to LA again. On Friday Mike and I hung out with a friend he met through BYU bball camps. He even got to play some ball with a bunch of high school kids! Saturday we drove to Becca's and got ready for the BYU vs. UCLA game. The game was fun, but could've been better had we won. Surprisingly, Mike is still getting some attention...a father even requested a picture of Mike and his son. haha, oh basketball. We spent the remainder of the weekend with Becca, Matt and the kids...so much fun! We even pretended like we were snakes, mere cats (sp?), goats, lions and much more.

Life is fun, next item of busines is getting my sister Becca to visit me in LV...without the kids...

9 comments:

Williams Fam said...

Sounds like quite the past few weeks!! I'm so jealous that you got to see Phantom!! I've heard it's AMAZING!! Next time you come to Cali, it should be to visit us!!...of course, we'll settle for you coming to see us when we're in Texas, right SharoN!? HEeh~LOL

Hannah said...

I definitely agree that there are times where it is DEFINITELY worth it to use $6 for a scoop of ice cream. I'm glad it was good! I also wish that I could see Mike act like a snake :)

I wanna come to vegas without kids... (or "kid" I should say)

Sounds like you've had a great time! My weekends are mainly full of cleaning and looking at carpet. So Exciting!!!

jillf said...

The word, apparently is "meerkat."
Since I'm the designated quality control, and don't want to disappoint, I looked it up--unless, that is, you want to way, "We were mere cats," as in, you were "merely cats," or "only cats," or "just cats." Maybe you were mere meerkats. I'm a mere mom, but Steven and I did find 4 grammatical errors on his AP English teacher's letter of introduction to the students.....

Those little Cardons are lucky to have such a fun aunt and uncle.

Hey, I had fun, too, thinking of you all together in LA. Too bad our positive mental vibes couldn't pull out a win for BYU, but at least we played well, and Mike got his photo op and made someone's day. You got to see Phantom??? I'm so glad you loved it, and that you and Mike can enjoy the arts as well as sports. What a well rounded couple! Now, if they could just make a musical about sports....

jillf said...

I meant to put a comma after "apparently" in the first line. Oops, haha.

Hannah said...

By the way...where are the pictures??

Ryan and Brittany said...

look at you guys! how fun that you get to vacation every weekend.

becca said...

Fabulous blog, Ang! I'll try not to be such a spelling snob -- but I'm glad my editing doesn't keep you from posting such fun stories. Consider me a grammatical PR consultant.
I was even a part of the story this time! Though I really wish I could have been a part of the lion hunting on the strip, too. Maybe when I come for my child-less visit??!!
We LOVED having you here. Such a treat for me and the kiddies! (or, kitties, as in, mere cats) Couldn't help myself.

Brooke said...

I second Hannah, where are the pictures?


We miss you! Promise you'll call if you are ever in Provo. Maybe we can make it down to Vegas sometime to see you guys!

Sharon said...

I want to know where the pictures are too?