Monday, October 22, 2007

Birthday Adventures...Red Rock!

So, Mike's birthday was pretty fun last week. We celebrated on Friday by eating out at Olive Garden. Mike at his favorite, Tour of Italy, which he gets everytime he goes. On Saturday, we woke up and drove to Red Rock State Park (only 10 minutes away). Mike and I orginally were just going to do an easy hike...but instead we started climbing over rocks and making our own path!
We scrambled all the way to the top of the rocks! Don't worry mom, we were safe...only a couple of scratches from bushes. (I set the timer on my camera for this picture!)
We started all the way down at those farthest rocks.
Nice pose huh? I think we should get family pictures here!
Me and the pretty view...possibly the only actual pretty view in Las Vegas. haha. Okay, I'm spoiled growing up in VA. Deseret with no green isn't what I call pretty...but this actually is pretty.
It was awesome and Mike and I even learned to appreciate Vegas a little more. Here's to many more hikes in the Red Rocks! If you come visit us, we'll take you up there.

12 comments:

lyndsey + brandon said...

YES! christmas card photo opp!!! you have to take them there. :)

birnels said...

Ryans favorite is the Tour of Italy too. Love the rock pictures, sounds like a fun day.

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

Hey that looks like fun! Maybe we will join you when we have a kidless weekend! Greg has that exact same shirt Mike is wearing at Olive Garden. Funny. Also I love Mikes "hiking clothes." Basketball shorts and a t-shirt. That's totally what Greg would wear too!

Cummards said...

I sort of know how you feel. Growing up in Arizona, and then moving here I never realized how ugly the dessert really was untill I was around green and mountains! Utah isn't even comparable to VA either.

We are going up to Vegas for the tournament. Are you guys planning on going to some of the games? It would be really fun to get together. Casey has been so fun, we just love him so much. I am still so amazed that every morning when I wake up to him I still think he is the cutest little guy! I hope it doesn't ever wear off!

Sharon said...

Wow, that actually is really pretty! Who knew there was something so pretty so close to you. Love the pictures.

Jill said...

I've gotta say, you two look cute together in every setting. (But the gorgeous scenery doesn't hurt.) We love you both so much, and enjoy being part of your adventures. Thanks for sharing!
PS Are you SURE it's not dangerous?

Brooke said...

What a fun birthday! The red rocks are beautiful! What are you and Mike doing for Christmas this year?

Hill Family said...

Happy Birthday Mike! I am glad that you guys did some fun things. Are you guys going to Utah for Thanksgiving?

Hannah said...

Oh very cool! And it is very pretty! I'm glad that you were able to find beauty somewhere in vegas (ha ha!) Way to be adventuresome. I'm also impressed that you got such a fabulous picture with a timer. Who knew you were so tech-saavy :)

Williams Fam said...

How fun!! MMMMmmm that chocolate cake looks yummy!

Williams Fam said...

How fun!! MMMMmmm that chocolate cake looks yummy!

The Holland Family! said...

Looks like so much fun! I bet the weather was beautiful too. Hope your scratches heal quickly.