Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Ring...MWC Champs!



So, it has finally arrived. The ring....the most coveted ring of all rings: The Mountain West Conference Men's Basketball Champion ring. We've been waiting since last March to get it, and it finally came in the mail on Tuesday. It took so long becasue they first time they made them, the ring said "Moutain" without the "N". Mike was so excited to sport his huge ring to work with all the UNLV, Utah, and SUU fans. He created quite the scene.
Mike created SO much chaos even, that people started to retaliate. Here is what one Utah fan made during his lunch break (below). Notice the little red "U"s taped to the rings.
I am so proud of Mike for all his accomplishments in basketball. It's weird to have the season starting without us. I have to remember how stressful it was, and then maybe I'll be okay that he's not playing anymore. Actually, Mike has his first city league game tonight...pretty exciting!

12 comments:

Jill said...

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

Way to go, Mike! That thing is HUGE! And AWESOME! And it has your NAME on it! And it spells MOUNTAIN correctly!

Truthfully, we are so proud of you. You deserve any accolades you receive, and more!

Hannah said...

This recalls a certain conversation to my mind. "My wing, my wing?" "Well, actually it's mine, but you can wear it if you want." "Oh" (she says dejectedly). Well this wing (ring) is really yours...or mikes, I guess. Very very cool. I would be showing it off too!!

Sharon said...

Wow, that ring is huge. I love it. I was just thinking about it yesterday and wondering whether you had received it or not. Are you actually going to wear that? Did Angela get something as well, like a necklace or something? Way to go Mike.

Gregory said...

Nice! I expect a blog with youtube video highlights of the city league contest.

That is a really cool ring.

birnels said...

I think it's so funny that guy taped U's to all those rings. The ring is HUGE! Can't wait to hear about city league.

Williams Fam said...

that ring IS huge!! Way to go Mike-You going to sport your bling-bling?!I agree with Sharon-Angela deserves something too!

The Holland Family! said...

Remember to control the attitude in city ball. I hear those Vegas boys with beat you up if you mouth off. I can't wait to hear your stories. Good luck and congrats on the piece of jewlery your now sporting.

Cummards said...

Nice little photo shoot of the ring. I think they turned out pretty nice, way more fancy than I was expecting! I guess it's sort of a big deal to win the conference?! Haha.

I can't believe that the season is starting either, it has came so fast. Lee only has this year and next left. It seems like we just got here! We will be in your shoes sooner than later, wondering how it's going to go on with out us (really just Lee, I don't do much!).

becca said...

Oooooo. I love it! Officially, all my children now sing the Cougar fight song. Even Megan says, "Rah rah rah . . . Go Cookoos!"

And now, we have a championship ring in the family! This is a proud day.

Konfusion with a K said...

hahah that ring is ginormous!!!!! love it!

Cummards said...

Thanks! We think he's cute too! haha. I am so jealous that Crystal had her baby! She's almost two weeks early, and I was almost two weeks late! Hope you guys had a Happy Halloween!

Runyon Family said...

Angela! Thank you so much, we are very excited! And we are excited that you guys have a blog so that way we can keep in touch. Bytheway, Mike has to love Alec's "U" rings haha. Good ole Alec always has to be teasing everybody in the office. Congrats Mike!