Thursday, December 20, 2007

Weekend Winter Wonderland...


So, this past weekend was SO MUCH FUN. Let me explain.

Mike had been preping me for a surpise all week and I had no idea what it was going to be. I got home from work on Friday and there was a big present wrapped on the table. Inside the present was a message saying, "prepare yourself for a winter wonderland. Pack your bags, we are going up to a cabin in Mt. Charleston (30 mins away). Our friends (who have the cabin) will join us...etc etc." He included an itinerary that included dinner, watching ELF, sledding and other fun activities.

So, Mike and I and our friends Celina and Aaron (his gpa's cabin) went up to the cabin and had a blast. Here are some pictures of the event. It was SO fun to see snow in Vegas. Who would've thought!

Aaron and Mike playing chess. Aaron won...Mike wasn't too happy about that.

Me and Celina cheering for our husbands and smack talking to eachother during the chess game.

The awesome view from the cabin. So fun!

Sledding was so much fun. The only sled we could find was this old fashioned wood sled. These things, with the metal rails can FLY and they don't take ANY cushion. I think I had like 5 bruises on my bum by the time I was done sledding. We decided to call it a quits BEFORE someone got injured :)

Thanks to my husband for such a fun weekend and thanks to Aaron and Celina for letting us stay at the cabin with us!

8 comments:

birnels said...

Snow in Vegas? who would have thought. what a fun surprise mike planned!

Sharon said...

Sounds like so much fun. What a wonderful husband you have. I wonder who raised him?!?!?!?

Jill said...

It looks like you entered a different world! What a beautiful place. So glad you have such fun together, and that you have found good friends. Loved all the pictures. Merry Christmas!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

How fun! I'm glad that you experienced our Las Vegas snow! We'll have to go up one of these weekends in January after all of the craziness of the holidays! Lenzi

Hannah said...

How fun! I LOVE that mike made it a cute surprise for you. Boys can be quite creative if we let them. So glad you got to have a little bit of a real winter around Christmas time!

Daniel said...

sounds fun!

Runyon Family said...

Angela! Looks like fun. Mike is a stud. Tell him hello for us and also tell Aaron and Celina hi too. We are having lots of fun here in our Utah snow. We are going sledding on Tuesday! See ya!

becca said...

Too fun! Mike never ceases to impress me. He's a good one! Sharon, you are right -- you did well.