Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bringing in the New Year

Wow, Mike and I just keep having fun! Right after the holiday trip to Houston, we got ready for the New Year. On New Year's Eve, we went to work (but got let out early) and then our friends Dennis Pitta and his girlfriend Mataya were driving through town. We split a meal at Chili's before heading over to Ben and Lenzi's (married friends from work) house.
Before going to Chili's we realized that it would probably be TOTALLY packed at 7 on New Year's Eve, so we were a little worried. To our surprise, when we went inside, there was practically NObody there. haha. That should've warned us because we spent the next hour and half waiting to even get our meal since they forgot to put in the order! We ate SO many chips and salsa that we were pretty much full before our meal even came. That was okay though because we had a good time talking with Dennis and Mataya who live in Provo.
Then we went to the real party at Ben and Lenzi's. There we talked BYU sports, heard UNLV people hate on BYU sports, ate fabulous food including homemade icecream, and played games. It was a pretty packed house with at least 10 kids and 15 adults. Thanks Ben and Lenzi for the awesome party! Around 10:30 we went back to our place and watched Stomp the Yard with Dennis and Mataya. Mike and I did attempt, multiple times, to replicate the dancing in the movie...but we didn't succeed very well :)

We made sure to pause the movie at 11:58 to break out the sparkling cider, poppers and New Year's crowns to bring in the New Year. Here are a few pictures from the night.


10 comments:

Sharon said...

Gotta say that I love the New Year's crown. Wish I could have seen you and Mike trying to replicate the dance moves. Didn't they forget to put our order in at a very empty Macaroni Grill in DC? Oh, no, remember, the cooks were fighting in the kitchen so it took forever! That was pretty funny.

Gregory said...

Nice leggings!

Hannah said...

How is it that you can make a new years crown look like a million bucks? And, thanks to greg for pointing out the leggings cause I didnt notice! Looks like you finally gave in, huh? You make them look good!

Sounds like a fun night!

Brooke said...

How fun! I'm glad you had all the required supplies to bring the new year in right... Sparkling Cider, hats and poppers!

We miss you here in Provo! Are you coming to visit anytime soon?

The Holland Family! said...

Sounds like you had a great time and you both look great, as always!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

I'm glad you two were able to make it to the CRAZY party at our house! We're dedicating 2008 to more entertaining....we will also need to do some parties at the new Rose Home when that's done! **And I'm glad we both entered into the New Year rockin' LEGGINGS! :) Lenzi

Jill said...

You two are the poster children for FUN. Happy New Year to a world class couple. (You can be proud. Your photo is my new desktop background, AGAIN!)

Hill Family said...

Sounds like fun! Are you sure that is sparkling cider?! You are looking a little tipsy :)

becca said...

I had to go back to look at the leggings. :) I don't even know what's in style anymore. I'm so glad you had fun friends to celebrate with -- it should be a good year!

Cummards said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you guys have been up to lots of fun stuff! I was just talking to my mom and she reminded me that I left Christmas Cards there...that means they didn't get mailed! I was running so late getting them out so I took them home and planned to get address's and mail them out but of course totally forgot! So I feel so bad that you guys never got yours. I completely forgot that I didn't finish mailing them out! So if you still want one send me your address! I'm so sorry!