Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holidays are the BEST

Holidays are the best. I look forward to the Christmas season and especially, Christmas break all year. Here are a few highlights from the last few weeks. I loved getting all the pre-Christmas gifts and cards in the mail. One of my favorite was the 12 days of Christmas box I got from my gma Farrell. Inside each numbered box was a candy, or bag of treats etc. It even had a pear for the partidge on day 1!
Goodbye Sunbeam class. The year is over and that means I am no longer with my Sunbeams. It was a fun, exciting and stressful experience haha. Here is a picture of my class on our "party" day. We played games, ate snacks and enjoyed the lights and hanging snowlake chains that I hung from the ceiling. These are the names of my kids from left to right: Sebastian, Hannah, Ayssa, Triston :)...yes, the one that made me cry, Allie)
Before Christmas break we got together with our cousins on the other side of Las Vegas. Here is a picture of Mike with Brady and Easton, his cousin's twins. Mike says he feels a connection with them because of the red hair :)
Houston! Mike and I spent the Christmas break in Houston with his family. We got to see his brother, wife and kid Jackson (who we hadn't seen in more than a year!) Jackson enjoyed playing with me and his uncle Mike or "Lype" and "Light" as he called him. His favorite was bouncing on the trampoline and having Mike help him dunk the basketball hoop.
This was another favorite game, the basket magic carpet ride! We often found Jackson entirely emptying his bin of toys...NOT to play with the toys, but to have Mike carry him around in the basket. This kept Jackson entertained for the majority of the Christmas Eve program.

We also went to the zoo, played wii, the boys played a lot of basketball and any other game involving competition, visited family, visited family, played games, ate, looked at Houston homes which are SO cheap, and LOVED IT. Thanks to Mike's family for the great trip.

I missed my family which was scattered in Virginia and other parts of the US, but I know they still had a great time.

Now I'm back to work and trying to figure out the next big thing to look forward too :(

11 comments:

The Holland Family! said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! I am sure Mike loved hanging out at home and spending time with Greg. Sorry you are back to work!

Konfusion with a K said...

Wow! Looks like you had a busy but funfilled holiday trip :)

I didn't want to go back to work either, if it makes you feel any better. Have a great rest of the week! :)

Hill Family said...

That sounds like a very fun holiday. I am glad that you had a great time. Hope to see you soon.

Jill said...

I just had a great conversation with Sharon and got the whole scoop. What a fun bunch those Roses are! And Lype is our favorite guy! We missed you, but know you were in good company. We love you so! Happy New Year!

Jill said...

OK, comment #2: Jackson is really cute. And I think those Sunbeams were lucky to have such a wonderful teacher.

Jill said...

Yes, comment #3: Those twins are adorable!

Sharon said...

Cute pictures. You can look forward to moving into your house and your wonderful inlaws visiting in March!!

Hannah said...

Sounds like a great break! We missed you guys so much! I love the picture of Jackson in the hamper with Mike holding him. You guys are the best aunt and uncle. Whenever Erica sees your pic on mom's computer, she yells out with delight and says, "Mack!" (for mike).

WE love you!

McGiven Family.... said...

Cute pictures! Sounds like you had a Merry Christmas. We need to get together again soon. Brady and Easton loved playing with Mike!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Looks like you guys had a great time... by the way Mike... I can totally see the connection! Thanks for joining me at the game that my dad and your husband supervised last night. Anyways, it was good to see you guys..

Tayler Woodbury

becca said...

Yes, it's me commenting. Shocker! I was going to say that actually, our family was either in VA (Han, Steven, Dan, MomDad) or in TX (you, me, Joey). Funny Farrell Christmas! Wish I could have seen you, but I'm happy to have shared you with Jackson.