Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home...Almost

We are making progress. Our house is now less than 3 months from completion. Yesterday Mike and I went to our house for the "Pre-Drywall Inspection". This means that we got to walk through our house, with hard hats and all, and look at all the electrical and plumbing and everything before they put up the drywall.

We are excited for the next phase of our house which will be really fun to watch as they put in the molding, cabinets, floors etc. We'll keep you posted on the progress, and you better all come and visit once we have our beautiful mansion home completed (well, it's a mansion to us okay!)

The only bad thing is all the doomsday predictions about the economy and recession and everything. It makes us feel a little scared since it is our money on the line. At least interest rates and going down...right? It's okay because I love LOVE my house.

Our lot before anything was built.
Our house about month ago


Our choice for cabinets, tile, granite and backsplash (we are goingto do the backsplash after we move in and it will be a little different...but this gives you the idea)

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Ang! This is so exciting! I can't wait to see the finished product! It must be so fun to pick everything out and know it is yours! You are going to have a beautiful home!

The Dawes' said...

So cool! I can't wait to come visit and see your amazing house. I love watching houses being built, especially if it's one you're moving into! Derek and I will have to make another Vegas trip to see you guys before we move.

Jill said...

Not to worry. It's a "buyer's market" and you're a buyer.
It looks fabulous! The hard-hat is another good look for you.

Keith A. Runyon said...

Buying a house in this market...with the economny tanking???? Do you still have the option to get out? Can you get your deposit back????

The Dawes' said...

It was great talking to you last night!! I guess Mike was texting Derek during our conversation, haha boys. Anyway here's that website and it should make since after reading it a few times, good luck! Let me know if you need help with it. http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

So fun Angie! You look pretty cute in a yellow construction hat. I think it's fitting that you were wearing orange too.

Interest rates ARE awesome now. I wish we could tap into them...we could really use the few extra hundred a month that would save us.

Angela and Mike said...

In case you were wondering...keith is a joker and was just teasing me about the "doomsday" predictions :) He fully supports our decision to buy. haha.

Coach Ainge said...

Angela! I didn't even know you guys were building a house! That would be so much to do and I'm totally jealous! How cool. I guess you are planning on staying in LV for a while then. You should come to Cedar while the guys are at the final four. It's crazy boring here, just a little heads up. I want to hear more about the new house.

Balderson's said...

I am so jealous, but excited for you guys with the house....we are thinking about coming out for the Tournament in Vegas in March so if we do we will have to get together!! How is work going?? I love blogs...yay! I feel like I know everything that is going on with you... am going to call soon though so we can really communicate!!

janner said...

Love the hard hat, Ang! You look like Wendy from Bob the Builder, only cuter and less computer animated. The house looks great!

becca said...

Nevermind doomsday. You're gonna be so happy in your house! You've worked hard for this! And we'll totally come visit your mansion -- it will feel like a mansion once we leave. :)

Kowallis Family said...

Awesome!! I can't wait to come to Vegas and look to see what we will be moving into! I hope a house! Cross your fingers! When should your house be done??