Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Awesome weekend in happy valley

So, Mike and I took a trip to Provo for the long weekend. It was so much fun to see so many friends and family. Here is a summary of the trip.
First we drove to Cedar City to watch a SUU basketball game and see Austin, Crystal, Dre and Fin Ainge. We had fun watching SUU win and spending time with our friends. Dre was a little confused when he woke up and saw Mike...and was a little disturbed when Mike tried to play with his dinosaur toy. I think he warmed up to him eventually though. haha. Just don't take toys from a 2 year old okay? Crystal also made awesome pancakes and even made homemade syrup that tasted like the Kneaders stuff. AWESOME.
Friday morning we made the rest of the drive to Provo. Mike met some guys to play basketball at the RB and I hung out with my friend Sarah Cummard and her baby Casey. Can I just say, that my friends Crytsal and Sarah have the cutest babies! Casey just sat a smiled the whole time we were talking.
After that, Mike and I got a tour of the new BYU alumni center from my friend Lauryn Dawes (picture below). Then we went to the Orem vs. Mountain View high school basketball game. Derek Dawes was one of the Orem coaches and my cousin was a cheerleader for Mountain View...so I had split loyalties. Mountain View pulled off the upset though, so it was an exciting game.

(me, Mike and the cousins at the high school game pictured above)
Saturday Mike and I spent some time at our grandparents house and then went to the Marriott Center to watch the team shoot around. Mike got a couple of free shirts from the equipment manager and shot around with the team a little after their practice. As Mike says after making a lot of shots in a row, "still got it babe. Still got it." haha. What would Provo be like without a little Cafe Rio....so Mike and I met up with some friends and got a little pre-game meal.

The BYU UNLV basketball was, well, perfect. It was sold out and UNLV never even had a chance. It was really fun watching a game at the Marriott Center WITH Mike instead of watching Mike. It was Mike's first game watching there and not playing. Mike was well received as many people jokingly asked him if he was going to suit up and get on the court! We miss it, but oh well...gotta move on sometime. Go Cougs!
Sunday morning we headed back to Las Vegas and stopped at our other grandparents in St. George and had a nice visit and meal.
GREAT weekend. We saw all of our best friends and family. Provo, I'll miss you...but not the cold.

7 comments:

The Holland Family! said...

I am sad that we didn't get to see you! Sounds like a very busy but fun weekend. Go BRUINS and COUGS!

Brian Blumer said...

Hey Angeler, I figured you be blogging all about American Idol these days. Not that I want to hear it, just that I figured you'd be blogging about it. Or singing on it - one or the other.
Just watched for the first time last night, and I've gotta say there are some stinkers in that bunch. Yikes! Coulda been Bucky's year!

Hannah said...

Fun weekend!! Was the alumni center cool? I bet it's a pretty awesome building. I LOVE that mike said, "Still got it," to you. What a stud of a husband you have! It must have been cool for him to watch a game in the Marriott Center!

Brooke said...

I was so happy that we got to see you guys! (even if it was just for a second)

We miss you and are happy you made it home safe and sound. :)

Jill said...

Do you guys just have FUN all the time? What a great weekend. You are living THE LIFE!

Williams Fam said...

I love how much basketball is a part of your lives! You're so cute Angela-Such a supportive wife! Souds like a fun trip!I'm jealous that you got to hang out with the cousins and Grandma and Grandpa! You better come visit us in Dallas next time you go to Houston!(After June that is!)

Crystal and Austin said...

It was fun to see you and Mike! It looks like you had a lot of fun in Provo. But, come on, Cedar City is so much more exciting than Provo! I know you wish you could have just stayed here all weekend.