Monday, March 17, 2008

Aqua Globes?


Note: If you like Aqua Globes, this post could be a little controversial.

Okay, I don't know if any of you have seen the infomercial on Aqua Globes, but I think it's absolutely hysterical.

The infomercial goes a little something like this:
tired of having to water your plants? Sick of water spilling or plants dying? Worry no more! (I then sit there thinking...YEAH...I'm so excited, what could be the solution to this terrible problem?) The aqua globe (then the camera shows a close up of a very odd obtrusive globe thing being inserted into the soil). The aqua globe is the solution to all your problems...simply insert it into the soil and it'll water your plants for up to 2 weeks! (what they conveniently forgot to add what that you will ALSO be the permanent laughing stock for anyone and everyone who enters your house...bc the aqua globe is the most ridiculous looking thing ever!)

Background on aqua globe: (provided by website)
Aqua Globes™ are an attractive solution for automatic houseplant watering. Fill he hand blown stained glass globes as the plant needs it. Aqua Globes™ are a great alternative to the daily chore of watering plants and an excellent choice for automatic watering while on vacation.

•Automatically waters houseplants for up to 2 weeks
• For indoor and outdoor potted plants
• Hand-blown glass designs adds beauty to your plants
• Includes gift boxes for sharing with friends & family

*these bullets were provided on the buyaquaglobe.com...I personally will NOT be needing gift boxes as I will NOT be sharing these with friends and family. haha.

Who HONESTLY is going to use one of the huge things? Wouldn't you think that you'd want to create something small and inconspicuous? When they show the commercial...they insert this GIANT weird looking globe into the soil of a plant that is about 6 inches tall. The globe takes up more room than the plant!

If using an aqua globe is what it takes to have a plant and keep it alive...then count me out! I guess this is why I don't have live plants in my house. The globe is more visually distracting than anything. Isn't the point of a plant to provide beautiful, eye catching nature? With the aqua globe...all you see is a large globe that frighteningly resembles one of those booger suckers you use on babies. Seriously. Look at the picture!

You can get 4 for $14.99! What a deal. If you buy now...they might even through in a REAL booger sucker thing! I don't think you could pay me to put one of those in my plants...

13 comments:

Konfusion with a K said...

Hahahahha I love you Ang. Your posts always provide entertainment. Don't worry though - I think they look pretty ridiculous too!

Runyon Family said...

Angela, no plans to make a little garden for yourself there at the office? Yeah, those are definitely not something that I would be proud of...hope all is well! Tell Mike hi.

~Alec

Jill said...

NOW I know what to get you for your birthday this week!! I think they will look just stellar in the shrubbery surrounding your new home . . . I can just see them popping up out of your reddish stones!

Dest said...

thanks!! ya wedding plans are defiently stressfull..and tiff and alec are helping alot!! :) and sorry about posting that! i didnt know how big this all actually got! :( hope you have a great day!

Chelsea said...

I actually saw this info-mercial the other day. I was so confused I had to watch it. I really like how they come in multiple colors to match the decor of your home!

Brooke said...

haha, Ang I'm sold! Thanks for all the info. I will order mine today! And I will most definitely need those gift boxes, as someone may or may not be getting one for her birthday...

great post, I haven't seen the infomercial yet but will most certainly stop and watch it if it comes on.

Brian Blumer said...

I didn't stick with the infomercial longer than the first few seconds, but my favorite part is how the girl stands there rolling her eyes and shaking her head as she endures the clearly painful and laborious task of pouring water on her plants. Poor girl! When it can instantaneously ease the pain of such a hard life, who WOULDN'T want an Aqua Globe?

Taylor Kowallis said...

haha you crack me up! Those things are pretty tacky!! I will laugh if you get one for you bday! haah! hope all is well! We will be moving to vegas in a month! woo hoo!

becca said...

I have totally seen the infomercial -- it's on HGTV all the time! I love the plant at the end that has ALL FOUR circus-colored aqua globes wedged in. The plant is, as you said, about six inches tall. Too funny, and I'm glad you called attention to it!

Hannah said...

Okay, this is way funny! Some poor person out there is going to lose a lot of money...maybe next time they should think things through a little more logically. They should hire you as a consultant!

Balderson's said...

Ha ha that was funny to read after you had explained it all to me....I think I will be staying away from Aqua Globes!! It was fun to hang out with you guys.....we all need to get together again soon!

janner said...

I know I am way late on commenting on this, but I could not resist. I think you should store them in Mike's "wine rack" when you're not watering all of your plants with them. They're SO colorful.

gttauber said...

hey i hav one and they work amazingly and look good!