Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Welcome to the neighborhood...almost

(our garage door will be painted chocolate brown...it won't be left white)


So, life is pretty normal...except for our upcoming move to our house (April 3rd or 4th). I know you are probably sick of seeing pictures and hearing about it, but well, it's all that's really going on in my life.

First of all, I would like to start off with Mike's ward basketball debut last night. Along with moving homes, we will be moving wards. His friend told him that he was playing Mike's and my future ward...so Mike decided to show up. I decided to come and watch since I "wasn't allowed to watch American Idol at home without him". Mike had about 50 of the teams 77 points...although I don't know the exact number of points since I lost track after about 10 threes. It was pretty funny to watch.

Welcome to the ward! haha.

We also found out that there are 12 mormon families in our new neighborhood. Apparently we are moving to mormon central. haha. I'm excited about it.

Here are some pictures of the house now. The granite was just put in yesterday and they will start the flooring on Friday. We love our house and are excited about the new ward.

Here are our beautiful cabinets. Yes, that is a wine rack you see on the right. Mike loved the way it looked and had to have one. We will have many bottles of sparkling cider on hand :) Picture of our plate rack and pretty crown molding on the top of the cabinets.

Picture of our loft upstairsPicture of our future master bath. It has 2 sinks...yes!

18 comments:

Brooke said...

The house looks awesome! Zach and I will have to make a trip down to see it one of these days. You are so close to moving in! I can't even imagine how exciting that must be for you!

Hannah said...

Okay, I just laughed SO HARD at Mike and his "having to have" a wine rack. He cracks me up. I'll have to give him credit if I go into labor soon because that seriously made me laugh so hard!

Anyway, it looks beautiful. You must be soooo so so excited :). Hopefully I'll get to see it sometime!

Shayne said...

I wish I could have been there to D Mike up at ward ball. I would have cut his output down to 47 from the 50 he scored just like I did when he was 14. Those were sweet times.

Brian Blumer said...

Looks like the place is coming along beautifully. I'm excited for you guys.

Runyon Family said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys, it looks amazing. I love the detail on the cabinets. Next time we are in town we will have to come and see it!

The Dawes' said...

How fun!! Thanks for the trip well-wishes, I'm so excited! I can't wait to see your home all decorated and moved into, it's going to look awesome! I saw Stacy (Coach's sister in-law) and she said when you guys come down in the summer we should get together at their pool. Well good luck with the moving, talk to you soon!

McGiven Family.... said...

Cute house! I love your kitchen and all the detail on the cabinets. You guys did a great job. I want to come see it sometime soon!

Jill said...

Wow, the house is GORGEOUS! The cabinetry is beautiful! Congrats to Mike on the awesome B-Ball ward introduction. I'm sure you both made a stellar impression!

We are so excited Mike has a wine rack. I'd like to challenge the readers to send you ideas on what you can do with it. Mine are:
1. storage for golf clubs
2. holders for remotes
3. bottled water rack, since you don't drink enough water (yes, this '08 Deer Park was a good year)
4. holds skeins of yarn, in case you take up knitting

becca said...

hahaha. I can't believe I'm the first to mention that the yellow hard hats are rad. I think I've seen Angie model one on a previous post, but Mike makes it look good, too! It must be sooo great to tour your house and see it all coming into place -- every detail looks fabulous. Mom, good suggestions on the wine racks! I would add:
1. rolled up dish towels for wiping spills off those granite countertops!
2. long-stemmed roses
3. shoes -- one in each cubby

Keep the house pictures coming -- we're excited, too!

Nums n Jeff said...

The house looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished pictures. That is so funny that Mike wanted the wine rack, I thought that's what it was!

Konfusion with a K said...

WOW! Your house looks so gorgeous! I bet that you are SOO pumped to move in! Good luck with everything :)

Keith A. Runyon said...

Angela,

Uh...it's church ball....

LOL

Crystal and Austin said...

No fair! I love your house! We'll have to come visit soon!

Cummards said...

Love your house too! Keep posting pictures. It's so fun to see YOUR house come along...since I'm not having one of my own, might as well enjoy anothers!

If you remember....call me or text me on Tuesday and Wed. morning about your jewelry! I say I will remember, and then I'll forget! Can't wait to see you guys!

janner said...

The house is coming along great! I love the detail on the kitchen cabinets--very cool.Yes, the hard hat is a good look for Mike, in a "Bob the Builder"ish sort of way. May I also suggest gift wrap storage for the wine rack?

Balderson's said...

Oh my goodness Angela I love your house...it is so big!! I am jealous!! I love looking at the pictures of it turning into a real house - so cute! Once you are all settled in we will have to take a trip out to see the finished product! (Sorry we have been playing phone tag for so long but as you probably figured we are not coming to Vegas this weekend :(...anyway we miss you! Enjoy the tournament! x

steve said...

Angela,

don't let Keith get to you. There is NOTHING wrong with blogging about a good night in church ball.

Steve

Baby's First Image said...

Hi! We're just blog hopping, and came upon your blog! We noticed you are friends with some of our former clients, and would like to invite you and your family into our office to receive a 3D/4D ultrasound! We look forward to seeing you! Thanks!