Friday, April 18, 2008

The long awaited...PICTURES!

My home :)This gives you an idea of the general layout of the downstairs (picture taken from steps). This is a portion of the main room, dining area and little opening view into the kitchen. This is our accent wall (blueish-greenish-grayish :) of tin pail for short (sharon haha)).

We are getting plantation shutters on 2 windows downstais, on left of picture. I promise our couches don't blend into the carpet like it looks in this picture.Another view of the main room downstairs. Note the cute stair rails on the left. Coming soon: white plantation shutters :)The dining area. The blue, green and brown are carried throughout the whole downstairs. We just got those coordinating pictures...love them. The fruit baskets in the back now have brown towels in them with fruit. Excuse the mess. This is our beautiful kitchen. Mike and I got green and blue plates and it was Mike's idea to get BOTH colors in BOTH square and round. He apparently has a better design sense than me because the cashier person loved it. I wasn't sure, but I like it now too.Another view of the kitchen before we moved in. Our loft, my favorite. We have little ledges on the right as well. We bought a new desk with a couple of drawers to eliminate the need for a study. I am planning on adding cornices to the windows here and downstairs. Note: brown accent wall
Bedroom...we also did an accent wall in here. The ceiling goess really high on the left, so it was REALLY hard. I am planning on adding red curtains to the windows left of the dresser. I wanted to change the bedding, but funds are quickly depleting :)

Bedrooms 2 &3 aren't that exciting since we haven't done anything too them. They will be future rooms for babies, guest rooms, exercise equip...who knows!


This is for my mom and sisters. They know I LOVE LOVE LOVE mini things. The picture I'm holding is a MINI version I found of the one in our loft (see right of loft picture). I laughed with pure joy when I saw this and HAD to take a picture.

So, it's a work in progress...but I hope you like it :) If you have any design suggestions, please let me know!

23 comments:

Brooke said...

Ang, it looks beautiful! I love the colors you used and your couches look fabulous in your living room! I was just remembering them in your old apartment lining all the walls... haha. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new house! The kitchen is so big! I hope you are enjoying decorating! You are doing a great job!

Aaron and Celina said...

I LOVE IT!! you did such an amazing job decorating! i love your accent wall down stairs... good job! all the stress it put you through was worth it :) it looks great!

Merzy said...

Looks great! When's the LGBS/LIA fiesta?

Gregory said...

Awesome! The place looks great.

Sharon said...

Love the tin pail wall!! Everything looks fantastic. Love the green and blue plates - all matchy matchy (as you said on the phone). Love the new pictures on the dining room wall. Love the loft - I love red and brown together. I can't wait to see it in person. I sure hope you have the plantation shutters by then! ;)

Hannah said...

Beautiful!!! I LOVE the red couches in the loft. Where did you get them? I'm very impressed with all of your design/color choices. You've done way more than I've ever done with a place because ours have always had paint already on the walls...so I just kind of make things fit :). I love Mike's plates. He does have good design sense!

Jill said...

Fabulous color choices! Love the red, love the blue-green, love the pictures on the walls. You two have wonderful taste. You must be having such fun! I can't believe you have accomplished this much in such a short time! I want to come help!

lyndsey + brandon said...

yay it looks SO awesome. all your furniture looks fantastic in there...and i especially love the paint ;)

guthriegang said...

ang,
it looks great!! how fun and you did such a great job!! i love all the accent walls, and i love the colors of brown and bluish-greyish-greenish!!! i may have to get that color from you sometime! enjoy your new home!

Chanell Reichner said...

Congratulations on your new home! It is so nice! Can't wait to come see it. Good Luck with getting all settled.

Jill said...

Daddy wants to know if the poster says, "Lite Beer." I told him, no, I think it's something to do with bees.

Fuller Family said...

The house looks great! When you are ready for us to come and take a tour let us know. We would love to come up and see it sometime soon.

McKay and Lindsay said...

You are so cute...love the house! Isn't it fun to have your own place. Your decorating is so cute! You know I love it too :) Hope you have fun settling into your fun new place!

Cummards said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it. Your kitchen is a dream! Congrats, I'm sure you guys are enjoying it!

Angela and Mike said...

To answer my mom's question the picture does NOT say "lite beer" although we do have a wine rack, it says "How great would LIFE BE if we lived a little more everyday"

Runyon Family said...

Your house looks great! You did a great job decorating it...i love the colors! I bet you are loving it.

Miss Chris said...

Your house is beautiful! I love the accent walls and all your cute decor. We will definitely have to meet up for dinner and fun when we visit Vegas. I'll let you know when we're coming down- we're thinking sometime in July- just in time for the 120 degree heat!

Tyson and Heather said...

what a gorgeous house! Love it...you guys have so much great open space, so fun. The 'wallpaper' is actually a shower curtain--found at Ross. Though, I know there's some killer damask wallpaper out there I just can't use it bc of the lovely apt. codes. Love what you've done with your place!

The Dawes' said...

It looks awesome!! I love the paint color... great job! I'll fly you wherever we end up buying a home and have you help paint/decorate. I want to see the whole house in person, we're due for a road trip. Well, it looks great!

Servidores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Merzy said...

ang - you are totally invited next week!

Emily said...

You have such a beautiful home!! You guys have done such a good job decorating!

Ashby said...

Ang! Your house is ADORABLE! I love it!