Thursday, April 10, 2008

Paint?!

Closing went well, accept for the fact that Mike was so nervous that he wasn't actually listening to anything the lady said and she ended up having to repeat herself 3 times. In addition, since he was a little spacy, he kept forgetting to sign the papers where he was supposed to. haha. It's okay though because we are DONE and we have the house.

On to paint...

I went to bed at 2 last night and was at work today at 8:30 (okay, it was 8:38, I am usually a little late). Why, you ask? Because Mike and I painted our wall on Tuesday, only for me to decide on Wednesday throughout work that I hated the color. It was supposed to be a rich green and ended up looking mint! No no no.

So, yesterday I told Mike we were switching it to the darker bolder color (grayish-blueish-greenish) we originally wanted. A Home Depot run, $60, and hours later, I have a wall that I LOVE.

So worth it.

9 comments:

The Dawes' said...

Hooray for good paint colors!! I bet it's awesome even being able to take a brush to your own walls, let alone a nail. We'll have lots of questions for you when we someday become home owners. Maybe Derek and I should take a trip to Vegas this summer and come see you guys! Well your house looks great and I can't wait to see pictures of the inside all decorated! Miss ya!

Gregory said...

Is Mike aware that this is only the beginning? ;)

Taylor Kowallis said...

yay for you guys!! I want to see pictures, lots and lots of pictures!!

Hannah said...

Totally worth it! Where is the picture of the painted wall??? :)

Jill said...

Good for you! I remember painting my ENTIRE bedroom in what I believed to be a warm peachy color, but it looked like HOT PINK when it dried. (Daddy was out of town, and I wanted to surprise him.) I was in denial about the pink, and did a second coat. Then, I finally gave up, went and bought a better color, and painted the WHOLE room two more coats.

I remember closing day for our house. You just keep signing endless mysterious papers, each of which promises that you give away your firstborn or something like that. It is very intimidating. Congratulations on surviving it!

Sharon said...

Pictures? We need pictures of the blueish-greenish-greyish bolder darker color. I'm glad you love it. Can't wait to see it.

Miss Chris said...

I'm so excited for you guys- post some pictures of this fabulous wall!

Aleena said...

I would love to see a picture! I hate to paint but I love the outcome.

Brooke said...

I must join the crowd and request a picture as well. I'm sure you're not too busy moving in or anything to make another post! haha.