Monday, April 7, 2008

While you were out

As many of you know, my husband has left me this weekend...for the NCAA basketball Final Four and Championship game. I know, life is tough right? Well, I'm not your typical girl that enjoys getting alone time...I would much rather prefer to have Mike with me. He's my source of entertainment I guess you could say. Without him, I don't really know what to do...
Luckily, General Conference was this weekend...so I had 8 filled hours to help take my mind off of Mike being gone. While in the spiritual state of mind, I decided to watch The Testament (movie about people in Americas during Christ's life, Christ appearing to Americas after resurrection

Now, I have to go into detail about me watching The Testaments. I am sitting here in my house, by myself, and I am crying my eyes out at multiple parts in the movie (when they show Christ's death, and when Jesus appears to the people in the Americas). I felt a little silly doing this by myself...but, it was quite the contemplative, spiritual and thought-provoking weekend as I had just watched 8 hours of conference and then this movie.

Is it just me, or do you like crying? haha, well, not necessarily crying but being in situations where you feel the awe, amazement, gratitude, and your emotions overwhelm you. As a teenager, I used to look forward to these intense spiritual and uplifting situations like Youth Conference, Girls Camp, weddings etc. I actually tried campaigning for a calling in Young Women's JUST to attend things like these during the summer. It just feels good to get emotional sometimes...it must just be because I'm a girl.

So, I'd just like to take a moment to express my feelings tonight. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ in these days. Jesus Christ is our Savior. He lives. I know we have a prophet on the earth, Thomas Monson. I sustain him and I feel so blessed that God's voice can be and IS heard today. He speaks now, not just a long time ago. My heart is full right now for my family. I have the most wonderful parents that have taught me to love, have a testimony and true knowledge of who I am: a child of God. My brothers and sisters are my most favorite people in the world. There is no better feeling than being with my family and just laughing and enjoying each other. My husband Mike is everything to me. As we come up on 3 years of marriage...my love for him only grows. Each day he becomes more precious to me. It's amazing how the heart grows and expands in love. There is no cap on love and right now, I feel such immense love for all these people in my life.

Wow, that's my girlie, emotional blog post. haha. The end.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

All by yourself all weekend!? You poor girl, I do not do well on my own either. I'm glad you enjoyed Conference and The Testaments though! The Testaments movie gets me every time. Zach and I watched it the other week and we were both sobbing by the end. I agree with you though, its a good sobbing.

P.S. I like your mushy girly posts very much! Thanks for sharing!

Brooke said...

Good luck with the move this week! I am so excited for you guys! I want pictures posted ASAP!

Miss ya!

lyndsey + brandon said...

hahaha wow that IS an emotional weekend. i'm glad you could have such a testimony-building experience...yay for conference!!

Sharon said...

I'm sure you just forgot to mention the most wonderful mother and father in law in the world!!

Hannah said...

I'm right with you Angela! I love that feeling of emotion welling up inside me. It happens at times like conference when you just get overwhelmed with how blessed your life is and how joyous the gospel message is. You get the same emotional feeling when a baby is born, and it is wonderful. Crying can be wonderful!!

Thank you for your testimony. The gospel is true!

Jill said...

There is nothing like a good cry for all the best reasons. I have those sometimes thinking of the great blessings of my life, including you.

I also was overwhelmed with gratitude during conference, for the clarity of the messages, and the certainty of our leadership in these confusing times. We are blessed!