Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Yard :)


Okay, so people have been reminding me that I forgot to post a picture of my yard. Now, for all of you family and friends that do NOT live in Las Vegas, let me tell you a few things.
Vegas has VERY small yards and often people just have a 10 ft deep yard of just rocks and a brick wall behind. So, this is why we were SO excited to have a yard that's 35-40 ft deep. We have concrete going across the whole back of our house and got this 15 by 20 turf section, 2 trees, and 10 plants. All the trees and plants are tiny, but they'll grow :)


Mike is wishing we got a putting green in the back. Next house honey :) Mike likes me to record his golf swing...below is a clip showing my fear that Mike is going to take divots out of our precious turf! haha.

video

8 comments:

Hannah said...

I love hearing you freak out about the turf! What a cool yard! Remind Mike that he shouldn't actually try to hit the golfball on your wall...instead of bouncing on a car, he could break a window!

Konfusion with a K said...

HAHAHHA! It's okay hon -- if I lived with a yard full of rocks and one patch of lovely turf, I'd freak out too!!! Your house is super cute! hope youre doing well :)

Sharon said...

Did he actually take a divot out? I love your backyard. It looks like you have the greenest grass ever. I can't wait to see it.

Chelsea said...

Your yard is so cute. Burke is dying for a backyard lawn to mow. Way to go.

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

Oh Las Vegas yards, such a silly concept. One patch of turf if better than nothing! One of the only reasons I would ever pay way way to much for a house in California is to have a yard that my kids could play in year around. But alas, we will probably end up in the midwest for awhile so we can only get use of our yards 3 months out of the year.

Jill said...

Don't worry. If he takes a divot out of your artificial turf, it will be an artificial divot, right? That looks like a REAL wall, however. Is Mike hitting a real golf ball into it?

It all looks AWESOME and much bigger than I imagined. You could pitch a tent out there!

becca said...

ooooh, I am a tinge green with envy over that maintenance-free turf. Good choice! Thanks for putting in the funny video of you worrying about the divots. With each golf swing, that puff of artificial dirt is pretty impressive. I was laughing out loud.

Keith A. Runyon said...

That swing looks like it can break 100....maybe even 90.