Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hair cut!

*note: this is a GIRLIE post...
BEFORE:

AFTER:


Okay, those of you who know me...know that I NEVER do anything different with my hair. I'm pretty sure I've had the same basic hair cut since freshmen year in high school. Every time I go get my hair done I say to Mike, "I'm getting my hair done." He responds with, "anything different?" and then I say, "just the norm. But you still need to notice when I get home." Then when I come home he rants and raves over how beautiful it looks, although it doesn't really look different.


Well yesterday went a little differently.


Sitting in the hair dresser chair I decided to change it up a bit (big deal for me, probably not for normal people). I mentioned I wanted to try out a little bit of bangs, and so she told me to close my eyes and she cut them. haha. *I DID keep my eyes closed the whole time the bangs were being cut, by the way. She also trimmed off a few inches and gave me more layers.


I called Mike on the way home, "umm...I actually did something different with my hair..."

He responded with, "oh sure..."


When I came home he said, "Oh, that IS different...but I like it. I have to get used to it...but it's nice."


haha, he didn't want to say anything wrong. I proceeding to make him tell me every 5 mins that he liked my hair and he is expected to do the same for the next week.


I think I like it :) Thoughts?

11 comments:

Jill said...

Gorgeous! Same basic idea, but spiced up a little. You look beautiful.

McKay and Lindsay said...

Really cute! Hope you're loving your new house!

Brooke said...

Ang your hair is seriously cute! I can't ever get bangs to lay right, but yours look perfect!

Way to go!

Sharon said...

It looks cute!!! I can't believe you did it. Was it premeditated or did you just decide right in the chair? I have to laugh because I looked at the first picture and then the second picture with your friend (which I thought was the AFTER pciture). I'm thinking, "hmm, that doesn't look much different". Then I went down further and saw the new do and realized you just put 2 BEFORE pictures. I love that you put a sad face first with your hair. I thought, "oh no, she doesn't like it". But then I saw the smiling face and was relieved. It looks great.

Hannah said...

Totally cute Angie! You pull off the bangs look perfectly...way better than I ever did. I'm proud of you for being gutsy! I was getting my hair trimmed with ReBecca Scott a few weeks ago, and she mentioned that you would look totally adorable with a little bob. So, if you're ever feeling REALLY gutsy...

brittany said...

Love it!!

Daniel said...

Looks great!...Um, I still can't quite tell what is different even from the pictures. But I believe you. And you look great.

Aaron and Celina said...

hmm... thanks for posting that freakin hideous picture of me... haha! you're hair looks great! it makes me want to get bangs too... now if only aaron would let me :)

Miss Chris said...

Love the hair. I know what you mean- it's always scary to change hair styles. Even if it's just a little change, it's still huge to you to look in the mirror and see something different. I think that it looks great- the bangs really suit you.

becca said...

You look fabulous, babe! But my favorite comment is Danny's. Keep in mind he is a brilliant scientist.

Make this haircut the new norm -- it's perfect!

Keith A. Runyon said...

Your haircut is very hip....urban...sassy...

Mike could use a new style though. LOL