Friday, May 9, 2008

Lake Mead Dinner Cruise

For our anniversary, Mike and I went on a Lake Mead Dinner Cruise. It was a perfect evening with clear skies and no wind (big deal since it's been CRAZY windy the last month). Although Mike and I both agreed the inside of the boat could use a little updating (why is it that these kind of things always get stuck in the 80s?), the food was delicious and the views were spectacular. We even got to see a coyote and the Hoover Dam. We had a great time!

We had a full on meal with bread, broccoli soup, salad, salmon for me and prime rib for Mike, and chocolate bundt cake for dessert. In between courses, Mike and I went up top to watch the sunset and enjoy the beautiful evening.

Loved it! (I really want to contact HGTV and have them do a makeover on the inside of the boat...it's be an awesome transformation)

Boat: Desert Princess
Depart: 6:30
Return: 8:30
Our Boat :)
We even hot Happy Anniversary balloons!
Before we boarded, we walked around their gift shop/eating area. Aren't those the most uncomfortable looking seats EVER?

16 comments:

Miss Chris said...

Sounds like a superfun anniversary. The first thing I thought of when reading your post was "I wonder if it was like the Dunder-Mifflin booze cruise?" I think this means that I've been watching a little too much Office.

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

What a fun anniversary! Was it a surprise for Mike? Greg and I have always wanted to do a dinner cruise, maybe for anniversary number 5!

Jill said...

Congatulations again, and I'm so happy you had such a fun celebration. Daddy and I had a similar dinner cruise for our anniversary a few years ago, but we didn't see any coyotes, OR the Hoover Dam. You are a great pair, and it brings us so much joy thinking of you sharing your lives together.

Hannah said...

Oh how fun! You guys look adorable!

becca said...

Sounds LOVELY. I'm glad you guys love each other and treat each other well!
So, can I tease you? You said you "even hot air balloons for your anniversary." Do you mean you had hot air balloons? Wow, that's impressive! Or, do you mean you had air balloons -- actually, helium balloons.
Am I annoying or what? Maybe I should get out on a dinner cruise and chill out.
Happy Anniversary, guys!

Angela and Mike said...

Becca, to be totally accurate I said, "we HOT happy anniversary balloons"...I meant to say "got" which would've made the sentence correct. No mention to the word "air" or "helium" or anything of the sort....however, hot air balloons would have been AWESOME!

Brooke said...

You guys are so fun! The dinner cruise sounds amazing and you both look so cute! Happy 3 years!

Aaron and Celina said...

we should go on that dancing dinner cruise thing they have... it could be fun! unless they only play lame music

Anderson's said...

Happy Anniversary! We love Lake Mead. We are in Vegas for good-Ry just graduated from law school so we are excited to be done!

Tyson and Heather said...

How fun..love the pics! K...you guys should TOTALLY go to San Francisco! You won't regret it..I was excited (this is Heather) but once I was there I was in love with the city--its super rad!

Ashby said...

Ang, you look adorable! Happy Anniversary!

Aleena said...

How in the world did you find that! I am always suprised at the fun things to do here.

aandkhousewright said...

Hey Angela- It's your old friend Kelly Goode (now Housewright) from Oakton! I found you through cross-blogging. You should check out my blog: akhousewright. It's fun to have found you! We live in Missouri. Hope you're doing well.

The Dawes' said...

That looks awesome! I kinda hope it was like the "Booze Cruise" and Mike did some classic Michael Scott dancing with the captain. Happy Aniversary!!

Josh, Kierstin and the 5 monkeys said...

For the same cost you could have done our cruise... sure the boat is a little smaller and the dinner is usually lil smokies over the fire... shared with our 5 kids... but still...

Daniel said...

Happy really late anniversary! Dinner cruise--very good idea. I'll probably use that one some time.