Friday, May 30, 2008

Virginia Fun


This past week I spent 5 wonderful days at home in Virginia. I had the BEST time with my family and loved getting to hang out with them. I love you guys! My family is the best.

Highlights:
-meeting my little nephew Aaron for the first time
-playing tea party with Erica "it's okay...it's okay" she always says when she gets a little scared
-giving my cousin Heidi the inspiring words to help her ride a bike for the first time
-seeing grandparents, aunts, uncles and eating wonderful BBQ (thanks Gordon!)
-watching Mike play wii golf with my little brother and watching their dunk competition on the tiny tots hoop
-staying up until 2 in the morning talking with my mom
-watching Indiana Jones in the FRONT row ( I think my neck STILL hurts)
-taking in all the beautiful green
-laughing as my dad tried to make his avg miles per galloon reach 40. I think he reached 38, good job dad.
-buying pretty dresses (thanks mom!)
-going to my friends wedding reception and seeing old friends

Thanks for the wonderful trip family, we love every minute. I have the BEST family.

*I also would like to give a little shout out to my MIL (mother-in-law) who came out to Vegas the week before. We had an awesome time with her shopping for the house and hanging out. She's the best!

me and my sis Hannah

me and my awesome lil bro

My most favorite cousins

Mike and baby Aaron. So cute!

Me and Erica, isn't the prettiest little thing ever?

My cute new dress for the wedding. My dad's response was, "wow, that's yellow..."

Me at my friend Julie's reception

15 comments:

Jill said...

We MISS you! It was wonderful having you come out. We love you both very much. The pictures are great and you and Mike look fabulous in every one, of course.

Anderson's said...

What a fun weekend. The east is sooo pretty. I wish I had family out there just so I had an excuse to visit often!

The Holland Family! said...

Looks like a great trip. It is always good be be home - even when you live 20 minutes from home! Thanks for the pictures...I love the yellow dress!

lyndsey + brandon said...

you are so cute! i'm glad you had a fun trip with lots of family time AND wii fit...lol. i seriously miss you. after this week i'll be all back to my normal pen-pal self xoxo

Hannah said...

Hm...not the best picture of me...but it will have to do. My shirt just looks all bunchy around my tummy. Oh well! But, I LOVE the one of Mike with Aaron. I think I definitely need that one.

I didn't know that you got to give Heidi encouragement to ride a bike...awesome!

becca said...

I've been hoping to see VA pictures! Thanks for posting these. I also love the one of Mike and Aaron.

I would love to hear Erica say, "It's okay!" Hopefully, she'll still be saying it at Christmas.

brittany said...

looks like a great trip and i love your yellow dress!

Brooke said...

Angela, you are so cute! I am loving the new hair and that yellow dress is just adorable! I am so happy you had such a good time visiting home. I love going home and spending time with family! I was reading your blog with Zach last night and he decided that we should coordinate our visits home so we can see each other. Either that, or we need to come see you guys!

We miss you!

Miss Chris said...

Family get togethers are the best. Glad you had a great time.
ps- jealous that you're from VA- I've only been there twice and I am in love with the state, especially the Richmond area.

Merzy said...

good times! nothing like going home.... :)

Konfusion with a K said...

It was great seeing you!! Great pix!! Thanks for putting them up :)

Aaron and Celina said...

baby aaron is sooo cute! what a great name too :)

Crystal said...

So I am finally looking up your blog. You are super on top of keeping your blog updated. (I am kind of slacker sometimes and get a little behind.) That is so awesome that you guys were able to spend some time with your family. It looked like you had lots of fun.

Tyson and Heather said...

Love the bangs and the yellow dress:)! How fun you got to go home...always so refreshing:)!

Morgan and Stuart said...

So fun to hear from you, and I'm jealous you were able to be at Julie's wedding! It looks like you had so much fun :)