Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SYTYCD...DANCE...dance...dance

Your opinions wanted:

Okay, it's PREDICTIONS time everyone. Now that the So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) is underway we are starting to realize which dancers HAVE it and which dancers don't have it. Here are my top girl and guy dancers and guy and girl dancers that will be going HOME this week.
TOP GUY:
Will, this guy has it all. He can do ALL styles of dancing amazingly. He's classy. Mike called him the winner after watching the Las Vegas auditions...so I guess it has to be!
TOP GIRL:
Kerrington (sp?). First of all, she is dang cute which helps a lot with this show. Second of all, she is with Twitch who is super awesome. She's done the most consistent job out of the ladies, I think.

SHOUT OUT:
Twitch: Awesome personality, classy, and he wears glasses with NO frames...awesome. haha. He's done really well and I find myself rooting for him every week. Him and Kerrington are my favorite couple.

Courtney: I don't think she's been able to really showcase her talent yet, but I'm excited about her potential. I think she'll really shine when they start dancing solo. This is Mike's pick to go farthest of the girls.
GUY KICKED OFF this week:
Chris: You are a tree, unathletic, soft, boring, less gangsta' than my grandma. I have nothing else to say. You should have gone home last week, and you WILL go home this week.
GIRL KICKED OFF this week:
Kourtni: Seriously? that's your name. I had no idea since you are not memorable at all. Sorry. Mike's reaction when I put her picture on my blog was, "who is she...I don't know who that is." that says it all. Sorry, you are going HOME this week.
Note: This is the year of the black guys...they seriously all are awesome. I put them all in the top guys!

18 comments:

AmyR said...

While I agree with your picks Angela, I am pulling for chelsea Hightower! First she's adorable, second, she's friends with my neice, and everyone knows in the world of reality TV, you MUST vote for people that know people that know people that you know. Seriously! I feel like if she wins, than it's really like I win. Cause I know someone that knows her.

the Organized Mom said...

Sorry Ang... you are completely wrong. :) I do not like Kherington (you were making fun of KOURTNI's name... come on.. KHERINGTON??). The reason I don't like her is that she smiles through EVERYTHING... get some more dimensions girl! Also I will be interested when she gets some real ballroom, cause rumor has it that she can't dance in heels (if you watch her waltz she is barefoot). I don't see them accomodating that for long. Anyway, I like Joshua, Katee, Chelsie, Mark and Twitch (was Twich in Hairspray?)

Alec & Tiffany Runyon said...

We are rooting for Chelsea and Twitch...

Chelsea said...

I think Courtney (regular spelling) is good. Kherington bugs, and so does that other Khourtni chica, but Chris has got to go!

Dixon Leavitt said...

Im all for chelsie h. and twitch.

brittany said...

twitch and kerrington are my all time favorite couple, but i've always been a fan of chelsea h. and mark and last night they were so amazing i watched the dance about 10 times.

Angela and Mike said...

Good comments everything. Amy, I agree...you TOTALLY have to vote for people that you kinda know. And Brittany, yes, I watched the chelsea and mark dance about 10 times as well.

I think I need to add chelsea to my list. Last night, Mike and I called her as the dark horse of the competition.

Brian Blumer said...

Yeah, they should have kept Marquis and gotten rid of Chris last week. I'll give Chris the fact that he's a passionate dancer, but that doesn't mean he's as good as the others. The other guy I think would be in danger of going home soon is Thayne. Not only have his last two dances been boring, but he's got that psycho perma-smile thing going on, and I don't think we'll be able to keep looking at that for very long.
The girls are all really good, in my opinion, but since Chelsea danced with Thayne she might be low on votes again (same with Comfort because of Chris).
Best girls: Chelsie and Courtney
Best guys: Twitch and Will
Best numbers last night (6/25): Twitch and Kherington in the escaped convict routing, Matt and Kourtni in that routine by the new mohawk lady choreographer, also the samba by Katee and Joshua at the end.
Ok, I have a lot to say about this show, but it's YOUR blog, so I'll quit. Thanks for the post!

Brian Blumer said...

I saw my typo: "routine", not "routing". But I also wanted to list the worst dances to have to perform: Quickstep (too hard, no audience connection) and disco. I don't think disco should even be given a legitimate space among all the other dance styles. If they're going to have disco, they might as well have "skankin'" and line dancing and the ol' deacon two-step.

Aaron and Celina said...

My favorite routines last night would be the hip hop one with Chelsie and Mark and then the samba by Joshua and Katee. That was freaking tight! I still really like Twitch a lot too! I also think the tree boy is going home tonight.

Sticks said...

I love this show and I believe that the top 3 girls for me is Chelsea Hightower, Katee and Kherrington. The top 3 guys would have to be Twitch, Joshua and Will, but I'd have to say that Gev impresses me more and more. I think Chris should go home since he isn't really coming alive like he should be while dancing his dances. I was dissapointed last night with him. I haven't really decided who of the girls should go home. It's kind of hard to figure out. I'm too unsure to say. I do love this show though and I'm so glad it's back on finally.

Balderson's said...

Ha ha I love your commentary on all the reality shows!! I am mad Kourtni didn't go last night but her days are numbered on the show! Oh, and we are sad yoiu guys aren't coming out anymore :(

The Johnson Five said...

Were not in the SYTYCD loop, but I just wanted to say hi and love your blog! You guys still need to come over for dinner soon! Ya! Nikki, Aaron and Chloe

Heather & Billy said...

I am a HUGE fan of Twitch. I am torn whether he or Will will make it farther. And what about Chelsea?? I LOVE her and think she will go pretty far. But, then, you know...the more I think about this it just will be hard all around. I like Gev but don't think he will win. Joshua is the same.

Far From Fat; Far From Fit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smitty said...

I'm still trying to figure out how glasses with no frames stay on someone's face.

Daniel said...

I never turn on the TV, and I don't know anything about the contestants. But it was really fun to read the commentary! I wonder what our gangsta grandma thinks of Chris.

southunder said...

I haven't had an opportunity to watch a single episode of SYTYCD this season, which honestly makes me cry a little inside.

However, Twitch looks incredibly familiar! Was he on last seasons with Sabre?