Friday, August 15, 2008

Hooray! ...and more.

Hooray, I went running yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks. I am happy to have exercise a part of my life again! More than that though, I'm happy and have enough energy to even want to exercise.

The jokes from the guys at work are continually increasing in frequency and in obnoxiousness. haha. Here are the things that have been said to me this week by my friendly male employees.

ring ring *phone
Angela: "Hello?"
Unnamed male boss: "Angela, can you come waddle over to my office real fast?"
Angela: "Can I what...?!"

Unnamed male boss: "Angela, here is a flyer for a UNLV women's football camp. You should go since you are going to be the size of a football player soon."

Unnamed male boss: "We should have an office poll to see how much weight you gain!"
Angela: "No, not a good idea. You better hope I'm the cutest pregnant person or these jokes aren't going to be funny in a few months."

Angela: "Ugh, I have to go to the bathroom again. You have to go a lot when you are pregnant."
Unnamed male employee: "It's all mental."
Angela: "I'm not saying I'm sick or tired...I'm saying I need to go to the bathroom. Mental?"

Unnamed male boss: "Wow, you are totally huge. You are really showing"
(reality check: I have a tiny bump, I've gained a total of 4 lbs)
Angela fires back: "Really, umm...how about you turn to the side so I can see your profile. I'm pretty sure your stomach looks more pregnant than my 3 MONTH PREGNANT STOMACH."

Nice one huh? haha. He deserved it. Don't worry. :)

17 comments:

Julie said...

You can take on those guys at work... need I remind you where you came from! Not to join in but I am dying to see a baby bump pic! I am so excited for you two!

Konfusion with a K said...

Hahah LOVE IT! You tell 'em girl! Men are so completely clueless. Rule #1 of life: DO NOT piss off a pregnant woman. Do not comment on the weight a pregnant woman has gained. Do not joke about being pregant with a pregant woman. Your life will end shortly thereafter.. haha.

I'm sure you're not so fiesty as say, perhaps, I will be when I have a bun in the oven, but I'm so glad you reamed your "unamed male boss" with that stomach comment...

I can't wait to read about the upcoming stupidity of male coworkers, haha

Hannah said...

ha ha! Way to tell him! I think it's awesome that you actually said that! What is it about you that is so teaseable anyway? Really, they know they can tease you because you are totally adorable. :)

Anderson's said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I did water aerobics when I was pregnant and LOVED it.

guthriegang said...

ang--you keep me laughing!! i love your spunkiness!!! i bet you are darling pregnant!

Jill said...

This was so funny. You get teased because you are so well liked, and, well, teasable! Happy waddling.

Fuller Family said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I am so excited for you guys. I had no idea. Probably because we haven't seen you for awhile. We will have to get together for some BYU games for sure. I am glad you are feeling a little better. The first part of pregnancy can be a little rough. So exciting!!

andrea.roche said...

Sounds like the jokes my husband makes on a daily basis. Who cares? And I'm impressed you're running. I finally got un-barfy enough to start running and can go about 100 yard before having to pee...over and over and over.

Heather said...

Hey Angela! You don't know me (formerly Heather Durham) but I know Mike from back in high school and the Katy Stake! I found your blog through Sam and Brittney's blog and wanted to say hi! Congrats on the little on! If you don't mind I'm going to add you guys to my blog list and you can do the same if you want! Tell Mike I said hey! I've enjoyed reading about your lives :)
homeoftheharris.blogspot.com

Crystal and Austin said...

It only gets worse : )

steve said...

Angela,

i wouldn't dare guess it was keith?

don't worry, my wife is HUGE!

let me know if you want to sue for harassment...

Steve

Tyson and Heather said...

haha..thats funny.

becca said...

No you didn't! That is so funny, Ang. Does "unnamed male boss" frequent your blog? I bet he's feeling a bit sheepish now. He probably figures there's something new to tease you about since the college sports scene is on summer break. :)

The Johnson Five said...

K..who are these people that you work with so I can go and kick some butt??? ha...ha...you are like the cutest pregnant person ever!!

Tara said...

Hey, I found your blog through Nikki's. I hope you are feeling good. I know how hard being pregnant is. Don't let those MEN get to you...if only they knew what being pregnant was like...they would kiss our feet.

Shannon said...

Yea! I'm excited you're having a baby! I haven't been to your blog in a while. It was great to catch up! I need to update our blog. I can't wait to see what you're having! My vote is a boy just because you had more votes for your baby to be a girl. :) So what did you think of "So You Think You Can Dance?" I loved watching that show this year! I also loved the Twilight series. I just finished the last one. Anyway, it was great to see how you're doing! Take care!

Love,
Shannon

Merzy said...

you know they love to mess with such a big byu fan.

hope everything's going well!