Mike and I stayed in La Jolla and enjoyed every moment of it. Here are the highlights:
1) WICKED. Seriously amazing. I've been singing the songs ever since, I may even paint my face green for Halloween now. Emerald city anyone?
2) Sea World. Those whales sure can splash! Our favorite was all the little penguins in the Arctic Zone and the sharks...yikes I wouldn't want to be caught in the ocean with those.
(above: me imitating the cow...since I'm prego and somewhat resembling a cow now. haha)
3) Golf. Mike played (and I caddied) Torrey Pines and it was beautiful...right in the ocean. We missed Tiger by one day (he was there the day after us).
Down side: a bird STOLE MY GRANOLA BAR right out from our cart. Mike chased after it until realizing there wasn't much yelling at it would do. Stealing a pregnant woman's food...that's just mean...
4) San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise. We enjoyed a night on the harbor looking at the ships, bridges and cityscape. The food was great too!5) Walks along secluded beaches. Mike and I found this beach and we were seriously the only ones there. It was gorgeous.
6) La Jolla Cove. My favorite part about the cove was the sea lions that just chilled on the rocks and barked non-stop.
7) Beaches and pools...relaxing. It's almost October and we still managed to spend an afternoon at the beach and multiple naps by the pool. I also scheduled an hour long massage for Saturday morning as a spa. ahhh..relaxing.8) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE. Mike turned the big 24 on Saturday! Happy birthday Mike.
9) Food...mainly Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Best steak ever. Seriously. And I am a huge steak fan, so I would know. Also, best WATER EVER. haha. This guy came out with a wine bottle looking water and we felt pressured to get it. Best $8 bottle of water ever :)
Thanks to Gordon & Sharon and my mom and dad for the birthday presents which made the trip possible and spectacular. and thanks to my wonderful husband for the best week ever. We are so excited for our future little addition, but it was nice to spend some time together before he arrives. :)