Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm in love...

...with San Diego AND Mike :)Mike and I just got back from our 5 day babymoon in San Diego. (confused by the term "babymoon"? It means LAST CHANCE to have a vacation before your life gets turned upside down by a darling baby)

Mike and I stayed in La Jolla and enjoyed every moment of it. Here are the highlights:

1) WICKED. Seriously amazing. I've been singing the songs ever since, I may even paint my face green for Halloween now. Emerald city anyone?
2) Sea World. Those whales sure can splash! Our favorite was all the little penguins in the Arctic Zone and the sharks...yikes I wouldn't want to be caught in the ocean with those.

(above: me imitating the cow...since I'm prego and somewhat resembling a cow now. haha)

3) Golf. Mike played (and I caddied) Torrey Pines and it was beautiful...right in the ocean. We missed Tiger by one day (he was there the day after us).
Down side: a bird STOLE MY GRANOLA BAR right out from our cart. Mike chased after it until realizing there wasn't much yelling at it would do. Stealing a pregnant woman's food...that's just mean...
4) San Diego Harbor Dinner Cruise. We enjoyed a night on the harbor looking at the ships, bridges and cityscape. The food was great too!
5) Walks along secluded beaches. Mike and I found this beach and we were seriously the only ones there. It was gorgeous.
6) La Jolla Cove. My favorite part about the cove was the sea lions that just chilled on the rocks and barked non-stop.
7) Beaches and pools...relaxing. It's almost October and we still managed to spend an afternoon at the beach and multiple naps by the pool. I also scheduled an hour long massage for Saturday morning as a spa. ahhh..relaxing.
8) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE. Mike turned the big 24 on Saturday! Happy birthday Mike.
9) Food...mainly Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Best steak ever. Seriously. And I am a huge steak fan, so I would know. Also, best WATER EVER. haha. This guy came out with a wine bottle looking water and we felt pressured to get it. Best $8 bottle of water ever :)

Thanks to Gordon & Sharon and my mom and dad for the birthday presents which made the trip possible and spectacular. and thanks to my wonderful husband for the best week ever. We are so excited for our future little addition, but it was nice to spend some time together before he arrives. :)

21 comments:

Gregory said...

Awwwesome! That looks like a perfect trip...glad you guys got to enjoy some time together.

San Diego is great and brings back good memories. I will hopefully be out there in February for an interview...we'll see!

That's also the perfect place to watch BYU get killed, because you had fun things planned for the rest of the weekend.

Sharon said...

I can't believe a bird stole your granola bar. If you were hungry at the time, he's lucky to have survived!!! When Mike was little, we were at the Oregon coast, and a seagull stole Mike's lasagne right off of his plate. You should have seen his surprised/sad face. Of course, Mike will have no memories of this since it occurred during his childhood ;) Glad you had a fabulous time.

Kate McNeil said...

Angela, these pics are so great! I miss California so bad. A babymoon is the best idea ever. Good luck with the last few weeks...

Konfusion with a K said...

Ang! I love your pictures! You're so good about taking them. I always have my camera but never use it! I need to change that for sure! You look fantastic, NOT like a cow! Also, thank you for your concern the other day.. Kostas and I are still going strong, so it's nothing like that. Just some stupid parent stuff.

Miss you! Can't wait to see you and Mike in December! :)

Chelsea said...

Looks like fun, and good for you for getting a vacation in there. They are tough to plan, but always worth it!

Aaron and Celina said...

what an awesome babymoon!! i'm glad you had so much fun!

Baldersons said...

Ah how fun looks like you guys had a great time...it was nice to talk to you the other day...we need to stay in touch more! (Oh, and happy birthday Mike!)

andrea.roche said...

so jealous. I'm still waiting for my honeymoon......much less a babymoon. haha.

Heather said...

Looks like a great trip! And yes, your life will never be the same once that lil man is here!! :)

Shaneshia Phill said...

Looks like you guys had a blast although I think you would have had more fun pumpkin carving with the FHE crew on Monday! haha

Cummards said...

Lucky you guys! Looks like you had quite the trip! I'm just thinking how nice it would have been to be in the warm weather. But you are still experiencing that at home too!

I'm SO glad you posted the picture of you by the cow, I was thinking you looked EXACTLY like one! haha jk.

Jill said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful places and beautiful PEOPLE. You both look great, and I'm so glad you got your well-deserved vacation.

You definitely look way cuter than the cow. Now, time to moooo-ve on to the next phase of life!!

Happy Birthday, dear Mike! We love you both so much.

Hannah said...

I want to go on a babymoon...well I guess it's too late for us. I think we had some birds raid our chips at the beach one time...they took them straight from our bag! I never knew birds were so gutsy!

Oh, and I am way jealous of your massage...I could really enjoy one of those. And I agree, Ruth's Chris does make the best steak anywhere!

By the way, did I mention how cute you look? In some of the pics, you can't even tell you're pregnant! But you do look so cute with a tummy.

Angela and Mike said...

anyone want to move with me to San Diego...it's beautiful (but I little pricey :) )

Brooke said...

What a fun trip! I can't believe a bird stole your granola bar! I think you were wise to just give it up, because would you have really eaten it after you got it back?

You look so cute in all the pictures. I love the cow picture because it is the only one where I can actually tell you are pregnant! And what an adorable pregnant lady you are!

We are coming to Vegas in November and we MUST see you guys! Zach got a job offer there and we are flying out to see about another job offer. It is looking like we might just end up there! It would be so exciting to live near you guys again! Our babies can be friends!

Anderson's said...

How fun, I am so jealous. I love Wicked, it is probably my favorite broadway. I am glad you guys got away before it gets crazy!

lyndsey said...

seriously? what kind of bird steals food from a pregnant lady?? lol. glad you had fun! move to ca asap!!

sam and brittney said...

I'm so jealous! What a fun trip! That is such a great idea to go on a "babymoon" before the little guy comes. I couldn't agree more with you about how awesome Wicked is. I saw it this summer and have been dying to see it again ever since! Tell Mike Happy Belated B-day! I can always remember his b-day because it is the same day as my dad's.

Crystal said...

Looks like a super fun trip. I'm glad you two were able to enjoy some quality time together before baby Rose arrives.

becca said...

10) Visiting my darling nieces and nephews in Valencia. Sleeping on the floor, playing puzzles, and holding Bree. Best part of the Babymoon by far!

:) Love you! Thanks for adding us into your trip!

Tyson and Heather said...

mike, glad you played Torrey Pines...next time we will play La Costa together. I couldn't make it down and you have to play with a member. No worries bro, we will play again soon enough. How did you shoot anyway? That course is freaking LONG