Monday, December 22, 2008

Braxton Hicks

So, I finally realized this Saturday that it isn't my baby getting in slightly uncomfortable positions in my belly...I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions. Now, that I know I'm having BR contractions, I've been analyzing them...

???Am I having too many...how long have I been having them...how long do they last...how many per hour...is this normal...can I still run...should I call my doctor...do they happen more when I run...Is that okay???

The thing that keeps me calm is that they do not hurt at ALL, just a slight tightening. I'm realizing that I've been having them for a couple weeks. I guess my body is just getting ready for what it's gonna have to do in 9 WEEKS. AGHHHH...



PS I got a 3D ultrasound of my baby and he is stinkin' cute. Mike keeps saying to me now, "I want to hold my baby Colton!" He'll just have to wait 9 more weeks :)

2 comments:

The Dawes' said...

I'm not quite sure what that is, so my curious biology mind looked them up. I'm sure you've already done this, but the site I came across seemed to answer your quesion. Here's a link http://www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc
I'm no expert, but sometimes the web can be helpful, but not always sureproof. I'm excited for you guys and am anxious to see your cute baby! Good luck with the next few weeks! Miss you guys

Heather and Billy said...

It's totally normal. And it's not too early for you to be having them either. Now... if you start feeling those and feeling crampy like you're getting your period...that's another thing. That was me going into labor at 34 weeks with my first. But not to scare ya or anything. =)