Monday, December 15, 2008

I present to you...

...the pictures from the UGLY SWEATER party Mike and I attended this weekend. What a perfect way to bring in the Christmas cheer... with a bunch of hideously dressed friends.

If you are wondering what an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party is...it is JUST that. A party where you wear ugly sweaters. Thanks DI!

Mike's outfit: Complete with Mr. Rogers sweater, high water lightweight tweed pants, and payless Adidas imitation sneakers.
Angela's outfit: Complete with leggings, puke green sweatshirt sporting red and gold bows WITH a fake turtleneck collar, and red hair ribbon to tie together the whole outfit.



Me and some of the girls (the panda purple sweater won ugliest for the girls)
Mike and I helped Matt (the guy to Mike's left) pick out his sweater. He realized half way through the night that it was a WOMEN's sweater.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Those are AWESOME! (I'm pretty sure I've owned a couple of sweaters that could seriously compete, however.) I'm envisioning the THEME for our next year's Ward Christmas Party! Or maybe the THEME for our FAMILY GROUP PICTURE this year!! You and Mike look positively radiant. Love the details, including your turtleneck. Wow, what fashion sense! Thanks for sharing.

Crystal and Austin said...

What a fun idea! Yeah, the built-in turtleneck is awesome.

Sharon said...

You guys look pretty cute sporting your ugly sweaters. I must say that Mike's pants and non-matching shirt underneath the cardigan made me laugh. I guess this is what you guys will look like in 25 years (when you get to be our age!)

Hannah said...

These are pictures for the recordbooks. Mike in a Mr. Rogers sweater is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Oh, and I LOVE the fake turtleneck...Thank you for the laughs!

How is it that your tummy still seems to be hiding???

Renee said...

That is hilarious...funny that you still look dang cute in a super ugly sweater!

lyndsey said...

HAHHA my favorite is the bow on your head. adorable.

Brooke said...

haha, how fun!

Shaneshia Phill said...

I love Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties! They are so much fun! I went to one last year and laughed the entire night at all the hideousness! Love the outfit

-keshia

becca said...

That is the best idea EVER. I can't believe that the turtleneck was actually built in. Genius! And I love Mike's 4-striped imitation Adidas.

I wish I could go to an Ugly Sweater party! Next year, maybe.