Monday, April 28, 2008
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
We are getting plantation shutters on 2 windows downstais, on left of picture. I promise our couches don't blend into the carpet like it looks in this picture.Another view of the main room downstairs. Note the cute stair rails on the left. Coming soon: white plantation shutters :)The dining area. The blue, green and brown are carried throughout the whole downstairs. We just got those coordinating pictures...love them. The fruit baskets in the back now have brown towels in them with fruit. Excuse the mess. This is our beautiful kitchen. Mike and I got green and blue plates and it was Mike's idea to get BOTH colors in BOTH square and round. He apparently has a better design sense than me because the cashier person loved it. I wasn't sure, but I like it now too.Another view of the kitchen before we moved in. Our loft, my favorite. We have little ledges on the right as well. We bought a new desk with a couple of drawers to eliminate the need for a study. I am planning on adding cornices to the windows here and downstairs. Note: brown accent wall
Bedroom...we also did an accent wall in here. The ceiling goess really high on the left, so it was REALLY hard. I am planning on adding red curtains to the windows left of the dresser. I wanted to change the bedding, but funds are quickly depleting :)
Bedrooms 2 &3 aren't that exciting since we haven't done anything too them. They will be future rooms for babies, guest rooms, exercise equip...who knows!
This is for my mom and sisters. They know I LOVE LOVE LOVE mini things. The picture I'm holding is a MINI version I found of the one in our loft (see right of loft picture). I laughed with pure joy when I saw this and HAD to take a picture.
So, it's a work in progress...but I hope you like it :) If you have any design suggestions, please let me know!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
PS we are getting blinds in the next few weeks (white 2 in), but downstairs we are getting plantation shutters. They are going to look awesome!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
On to paint...
I went to bed at 2 last night and was at work today at 8:30 (okay, it was 8:38, I am usually a little late). Why, you ask? Because Mike and I painted our wall on Tuesday, only for me to decide on Wednesday throughout work that I hated the color. It was supposed to be a rich green and ended up looking mint! No no no.
So, yesterday I told Mike we were switching it to the darker bolder color (grayish-blueish-greenish) we originally wanted. A Home Depot run, $60, and hours later, I have a wall that I LOVE.
So worth it.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
2. What were you doing at 0800? I don't know what 0800 means...
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Checking work email and wishing my contacts weren't so dry...the florescent lights of work must make them worse.
4. What happened to you in 2006? I graduated from BYU and worked at Nu Skin while mike finished up school.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? "No Way...that's lame" (the stupid titling company set up a closing time for our house BEFORE Mike gets back...so we need to reschedule for Wednesday)
6. How many beverages did you have today? A couple cups of water.
7. What color is your hairbrush? Black and neon green. I think it's from the early 90s
8. What was the last thing you paid for? A new desk for our loft, and plastic storage bins
9. Where were you last night? Home.
10. What color is your front door? Soon to be- blue.
11. Where do you keep your change? In my wallet...Mike likes to throw his randomly on the ground while walking out of stores after receiving it. I get mad when he does that.
12. What’s the weather like today? Same as always. Clear skies and in the 70s
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Chocolate Peanut Butter.
14. What excites you? Thinking about decorating my new house, my trip to VA in a couple months.
15. Do you want to cut your hair? No, I have a phobia of having my hair short...I think it'll take away my identity or something. All I ever get are trims.
16. Are you over the age of 25? Nope.
7. Do you talk a lot? Yes, yes and yes :).
18. Do you watch the O.C.? Nope
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Yes, my totally talented little bro.
20. Do you make up your own words? Yes, Mike is always making fun of me. I think I keep losing brain power the more the time passes from school.
21. Are you a jealous person? Not really, only a little when people get things that they didn't have to work for.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. The Ainges.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Kathryn Neenan.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? My husband Mike
25. What does the last text message you received say? "Wow" from Mike, he was texting about UNCs comeback against Kansas.
26. Do you chew on your straw? Nah, there is nothing worse that a cracked straw
27. Do you have curly hair? No, but it is a little wavy underneath.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Somewhere to find food for lunch, I have NO food at my house because of the move.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? My life...none, but in life...Bobby Knight.
30. What was the last thing you ate? Honey Bunches of Oats, the love of my life.
31. Will you get married in the future? I already am.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? The ONLY movie I've seen in the last 2 weeks was the Bee Movie.
33. Is there anyone you like right now? My family!
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Last night.
35.Are you currently depressed? No, I can't be mad for longer than 2 hours. It's scientifically proven.
36. Did you cry today? Nope, but I did yesterday (see post below).
I don't feel like tagging anyone. I hope you enjoyed it!