Sunday, January 4, 2009

Drive by...

Here is the quick drive by viewing of our amazing Christmas break trip to Virginia.

1) Airplanes with pregnancy. Me being worried flying on an airplane for 5 hours at 32/33 weeks pregnant. I have also decided that going to the restroom in the airplane is terrifying. Seriously, isn't the "flush" the loudest and scariest experience with the air tornado-ing around?

2) Christmas Eve program stars. Mike and I performed a fantastic rendition of Jingle Bell Rock, complete with bells. It was a hit! I also played Mary in the nativity scene program, although my niece Erica stole the baby Jesus. :)
3) Family pictures...all 17 of us...and within hours after of our stomach flu episode. 7-9 members of this crew were sick within the 24 hrs prior to this family pic. It's a Christmas miracle to have everyone there and all the babies smiling! 4) Baby Shower. I had a fantastic baby shower with friends and family. Colton is one lucky boy!5) Ringing in the New Year in style. Mike and I sported festive head and eye gear to bring in the New Year. (Mike is wearing 2009 glasses)




We had a great time and miss our family in VA already. I better hurry up and have this baby so people come to visit me!

7 weeks left until baby Colton is born.

11 comments:

Hannah said...

OH my, is it really only 7 weeks? For some reason this seems so soon to me...and i was just with you. I can't wait!! We miss you already.

andrea.roche said...

Word of warning. U explode the last month. literally. No one told me that.

Have u discovered Craigs list for random baby stuff? we just got a fairly new Baby Bjorn for $5. It's crazy! I bet Vegas is even better. i want a jogging stroller too (and will need one with previous said explosion) but figure he'll have to be a little older to even fit in one. So perhaps we have some time?

Heather and Billy said...

Your friend Andrea is right..Craigslist and the Childrens Orchard store at Ann Rd & 95 (east side).
7 weeks will be gone in no time!
Your trip looked like fun (even if reading about all the stomach flu nearly made me sick to my stomach)

Mitch and Jaci said...

congrats on the baby thats so exciting!!

LP & TP said...

Hey Girl!
I am glad you had a good Christmas! :) All your pics are so fun/cute. I can't believe your due ... right around the corner. That is so exciting. Trent & I are so happy for you guys! :) :)

Jill said...

We missed you the moment you walked out the door! Can't WAIT to see you, Mike, and Colton in just a few weeks! We love you all. You made a lovely Mary, and I know it was a big step for you to break your tradition of being an Angel. You were also very gracious about the baby Jesus being kidnapped by Erica.

Tyson and Heather said...

hey mike, kiss that golf game goodbye in 7 weeks... seriously, Heather and I are STOKED for you two. Can't wait to see pics of your SON!

Tyson and Heather said...

7 weeks, wowza! Love the name Colton, so cute:)!

Crystal and Austin said...

Wow, I can't believe how close you are to having your baby! You are such a cute pregnant person. After I had Dre, I remember missing being pregnant. It's so special and exciting the first time. Then the second time you just want it OVER with already. After I had Dre, I remember crying at my 6 week post-pregnancy check up at my OBGYN's office because I wouldn't be going back there every few weeks anymore. Isn't that funny?

becca said...

Crystal's comment is so funny -- crying at her 6 week appointment! I remember crying for a lot of reasons, but not that particular one!

We miss you tons! That was a great recap of our trip. Even though I personally can account for 6 of the 17 family members, I miss the other 11 quite dreadfully.

I have to also add that I am terrified of the airplane flush. One of these times, it's gonna suck me right down and throw me out of the airplane, I'm sure.

The Johnson Five said...

Looks like you have one fun fam!! Can't wait for your shower on Saturday..fun..fun..fun!