Sunday, January 18, 2009

Okay, I get it now.

So, most woman complain during pregnancy about various aches, pains, and such. I have been pretty blessed and have had a good pregnancy and as a result...haven't really complained. Now that I'm at less than 6 weeks...I'm starting to get it now (the complaining). And YES, I do know that it'll only get worse from here on out.

Allow me to vent. Here are a few pregnancy things that are getting a little old:

1) My underwear digging into my bladder as a result of my growing tummy
2) Colton's bum which refuses to move from underneath my right rib
3) Sitting down. I had to take 4 laps, YES 4, around the office on Thursday morning because it was too uncomfortable to sit down. I'm thinking about bringing in an exercise ball to sit on.
4) Driving in cars. I canNOT get comfortable. I go crazy in the 20 min drive to and from work. Also, I have zero torso rotation so it is practically impossible for me to turn and check for cars.
5) I can't reach my toes. Thank heavens for slip on shoes. In nursery, for the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" I've had to start using our 'magic stars' (stars on straws) to help us touch the body parts. This star helps me actually reach my toes.
6) Getting off the couch. Mike and I have mastered the "launch Angela off the couch technique" which involved Mike putting his hands or feet on my back and basically, launching me onto my feet in a standing position.
7) Eating. Forget eating extra calories. I can't eat a meal without feeling ridiculously full and uncomfortable for the rest of the day, so I just live on snacks.
8) Everyone letting me know that I'm really out there now. haha. Yes, I know. I do have an entire 18 inch, 5 lb child in me. I better have a tummy...hello!
9) Belly buttons. My belly button has recently started poking out. Everyone also likes to let me know that they can see it. I hope it doesn't offend anyone. If it does, deal with it :)
10) Drop kick in the gut. Colton has an awesome kick that he does right in my gut/bladder area. He does this repeatedly until I make him move. He gets a little unhappy when I do this.

(Obviously the chubby face isn't a great thing about the end of pregnancy either. I'm over that though.)

Don't worry, I'm really doing fine. Just instead of responding to "How are you doing?" with "great thanks"...I now respond with "huge". :) Love you Colton!

15 comments:

Anderson's said...

Oh, I remember those days. I can't believe how close you are getting! I can't wait to see little Colton.

andrea.roche said...

And you still have over a month to go......haha. Just wait my dear...

The last two weeks are the BEST!

Heather and Billy said...

Here's to hoping it goes by quickly. I won't remind you of what else you have to look forward to. But I will recommend that you just respond to people with "done" or however long you have left. They'll get the point. ALSO, I have an exercise ball chair you can totally borrow. It will be your new friend. Google 'gaiam ball chair' or something like that to see it.

Hannah said...

YES! I pretty much spent the last two months sitting on a birth ball...it was the ONLY remotely comfortable way to sit. Are you still sleeping okay? Is the pillow helping a little?

Oh, and I TOTALLy hear you about the underwear in the bladder. I think it has something to do with the shape us "farrell" girls make because a lot of other people I talk to never seem to have this problem. But it drives me crazy!

Wanna hear something funny? I always get this urge a few weeks before my due date to paint my toes...keep in mind, I rarely paint my toes, so it's even funnier. Can you see the picture in your head? I think it's just a way for me to feel a little "prettier" he he.

Jill said...

Angie, I bet Mike would paint your toes for you....

This is all part of the master plan to make you REALLY REALLY READY to have a baby.

The Dawes' said...

Well, we're just really excited for you two! I can't wait to see little Colton and I bet even though you feel huge, you still look great (like you always do!). Hopefully these last few weeks don't get too uncomfortable.

Baldersons said...

That totally made me laugh...but I am sorry you are feeling so miserable...it will totally be worth it when the little baby is here though! (Can't believe you only have 6 weeks left!)

becca said...

You really ARE pregnant! I'm so excited! Now you have your own legitimate aches and pains to whine about instead of just listening to your big sisters! Hurray!

You forgot to mention sleeping. How many times do you wake up to turn over, readjust positions, or go to the bathroom? LAME.

I'm not going to say "I told you so," I'm just going to say, "I know how you feel!"

Brooke said...

oh man, I know exactly how you feel. The whole first part of my pregnancy I was like, what's the big deal? This isn't hard. Then at about 8 and a half months you realize what all the complaints are about. By the end, I was having Zach tie my shoes, I slept with 5 pillows, propped my feet up on a stool under my desk and couldn't wait to NOT be pregnant! Just 6 more weeks though! You can do it! I can't wait to meet little Colton!

p.s. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. The house we bought is in Lamplight on Whispering River Rd. Is that close to you guys? Zach said it was. How exciting!

McKay and Lindsay said...

You are almost there! Yeah! I'm excited for you!

Heather said...

These 6 weeks will be the longest of your life!! haha. BUT, remember that you will forget how you felt and you will want to do it all over again, realizing this the second you hold your lil man for the first time! Its amazing!

Post new pics! I want to see that belly out there =)

Our Family said...

The last 6 weeks are EXTRA special. I think they exist to make you willing to go through labor to end them. The memory of them also helps you get up every few hours for the weeks/months/years following.

Go pamper yourself in some way before the baby comes. Pedicures and maternity massages always make me happy.

janner said...

Ahhh pregnancy....I used to love trying to roll over in bed and having to hold my belly with both hands to help it get over, like it was a whole separate thing that had to be moved. Ugh. Just remember the famous words uttered by my OB after I gave birth to Chris, "OK..Now you're done with the easy part! The hard part is the next 18 years!" haha. (I didn't think it was funny either).

garrett & brooke said...

Thanks. I can't wait til you can have little Colton and see how amazing your life will be. It's hard to picture life without Bradley now that he is here. You guys will be great parents. We'll be waiting to see he's pictures on your blog.

Williams Fam said...

Aww hang in there Angela! You're almost there!!I remember every once in a while I'd have to push Carly's around when she got "out of line!" LOL-She loved to stick that thing out underneath my rib and out my side!! Silly babies! What can ya do?!