So, most woman complain during pregnancy about various aches, pains, and such. I have been pretty blessed and have had a good pregnancy and as a result...haven't really complained. Now that I'm at less than 6 weeks...I'm starting to get it now (the complaining). And YES, I do know that it'll only get worse from here on out.
Allow me to vent. Here are a few pregnancy things that are getting a little old:
1) My underwear digging into my bladder as a result of my growing tummy
2) Colton's bum which refuses to move from underneath my right rib
3) Sitting down. I had to take 4 laps, YES 4, around the office on Thursday morning because it was too uncomfortable to sit down. I'm thinking about bringing in an exercise ball to sit on.
4) Driving in cars. I canNOT get comfortable. I go crazy in the 20 min drive to and from work. Also, I have zero torso rotation so it is practically impossible for me to turn and check for cars.
5) I can't reach my toes. Thank heavens for slip on shoes. In nursery, for the song "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" I've had to start using our 'magic stars' (stars on straws) to help us touch the body parts. This star helps me actually reach my toes.
6) Getting off the couch. Mike and I have mastered the "launch Angela off the couch technique" which involved Mike putting his hands or feet on my back and basically, launching me onto my feet in a standing position.
7) Eating. Forget eating extra calories. I can't eat a meal without feeling ridiculously full and uncomfortable for the rest of the day, so I just live on snacks.
8) Everyone letting me know that I'm really out there now. haha. Yes, I know. I do have an entire 18 inch, 5 lb child in me. I better have a tummy...hello!
9) Belly buttons. My belly button has recently started poking out. Everyone also likes to let me know that they can see it. I hope it doesn't offend anyone. If it does, deal with it :)
10) Drop kick in the gut. Colton has an awesome kick that he does right in my gut/bladder area. He does this repeatedly until I make him move. He gets a little unhappy when I do this.
(Obviously the chubby face isn't a great thing about the end of pregnancy either. I'm over that though.)
Don't worry, I'm really doing fine. Just instead of responding to "How are you doing?" with "great thanks"...I now respond with "huge". :) Love you Colton!