Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Analysis

Okay, this is long overdue. I thought I'd do a quick analysis on the contestants left on American Idol. Please feel free to voice your opinions as well!

Going home this week...MATT: It's a shame, because I like the idea of him and what his style could havebeen. I think his voice is very marketable. Unfortunately, he never showed the personality to give him the votes.

Going home next week..LIL: Seriously, who the heck was her image/style person? She is so everywhere across the board (both image and song choice) that I feel like I have no idea what kind of an artist she would be. I'm pretty sure the hair person has had a blast when her since it hasn't been the same 2 weeks in a row!Most talented but still a little creepy...ADAM: This guy owns the stage and he does a great job. That being said, I don't know that I would actually enjoy listening to him on the radio and his voice is kinda Aerosmith oldschool. Man, he can do those high notes. That being said, I still find him a little creepy. Plus--his pants are way too tight. Very good, but isn't going to make it...ALLISON: This girl can really sing. She doesn't really have the likability factor however. Going to go to the final 3...DANNY...KRIS...ADAM: This is a total guy year, let's be honest. Danny has had the total camera love from day one and is very likable. He's thru to the end. I'm pretty sure every little teenage girl out there is in love with Kris. Adam is unlike anything we've ever seen in the show. They are my final 3. Wild Card...ANOOP. This guy is great. I've loved him since day one. I don't think he's got star potential, but I enjoy him. Who knows how far he'll go.

What are YOUR thoughts?

10 comments:

lyndsey said...

yaaaay idol! i think lil is maybe going home this week -- between her blah song choices and all those janky wigs, she left my faves list a while ago.

and...i cannot hide my love for adam. i love the eyeliner, the tight pants, the screamy voice. LOVE him. and seriously...has anyone doubted, even ONCE this season, that he'll win this entire thing?

Kara said...

I agree 100% with your rundown. Nice work Ang! As far as Adam goes, i think he reall does have stage presence but i just can't hop on his bandwagon for some reason. There is just something about Adam that rubs me the wrong way and i can't figure it out. With that i can't deny that he's really good. I'm hoping for a Kris, Adam, Danny top 3 as well. P.S. colton is really cute.

andrea.roche said...

Adam is creepy, but he is AMAZINGLY TALENTED.

I want him or Danny to win.

andrea.roche said...

PS I haven't spent much on Treyson either. I just take in his old or ugly stuff people bought him and get store credit to buy stuff I LOVE! See? FREE!

Brooke said...

I think it should be Allyson and Adam as the top two. But I have to agree with you that Allyson doesn't have the likability factor. She needs to do something with her hair, dye it back to her natural color and get rid of some of the poofiness. She also needs some serious style advice because wow. Adam is uber creepy, but he is good. Plus the judges adore him! I think Lil will go home. Last night's performance was not good and I agreed with Simon. I don't think she has the potential they thought she had in the first few weeks. Plus she talked back to Simon which is a HUGE no, no in my book. I guess we will find out tonight!

I LOVED hanging out with you and Colton today. He is so cute and it is so fun living so close to you! I hope we can hang out again soon. Like I said, you are welcome to come over anytime! Maybe we can go to costco together. See you later!

Our Family said...

I like the analysis Angela. Brandt thinks Lil was ruined when they first changed her hair. Pretty funny theory, but could be true. I have joined the teenage girls with a little crush on Kris. Since everyone tells me he looks just like Kyle, maybe i just have a crush on my husband:)

I would like to add that the entire judging situation is making me crazy this year. Let's just get rid of them all except for Simon.

Sharon said...

You sounded just like Kara when you said about Lil, "I just don't know what kind of artist you will be." I'm not really in love with anyone this year. Chris is my favorite although I don't think he will win. I think Adam will probably win and I just don't like him at all. I agree, his pants are way too tight. And I don't like Allison at all. Maybe I just can't get over the hair. I'm not sure.

Brooke said...

you called it Ang! Way to go! I'm guessing Lil and Matt will BOTH go home next week though. It just delayed the inevitable...

becca said...

I keep finding myself saying this year, "That one guy . . . what's his name." Why is it that? Is my brain that lame, or am I just not attached to any one contestant?

I could talk for a while about Adam's creepiness. He's all drama, and he's always acting. That's what bugs me.

Jill said...

None of them hold a candle to THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

So glad motherhood hasn't sapped your critical analysis skills.