Friday, April 17, 2009

This will be me...

...tomorrow (picture below)! I have been given the OK by my doctor to start exercising! Yesssss. Running...here I come. Just in time for the Vegas 100+ degree weather to kick in.

Any other good suggestions to get that body back into shape? Also, I would appreciate a magic "shrink your hips back to their normal size" recipe. I can fit in my pre-prego pants--well, the legs that is-- but when it comes to the zipper and buttoning them...not a chance. haha, thanks Colton! Love ya.


*Although this (below) will be me tomorrow, I hope that I will look a little more like I am MOVING and not slowly shuffling. This IS, however, probably a realistic depiction of how I will look as it has been 3 1/2 months since I last ran. Sad. (She does have killer arms though--I will give her that.)

12 comments:

Amanda J said...

Awesome! Actually running is a great way to get your body back. Probably one of the fastest ways to do it. When it gets hot go out before 7 am. It doesn't feel too hot then. Have fun!!

brittany said...

good luck with the hips! let me know if you work that one out. i'm actually on my way to my first step class since finn this morning, i'm a little freaked out. hopefully it goes well for both of us! good luck.

Sharon said...

I can hardly wait to hear about your first exercising adventure w/Colton.

Jill said...

Wow, what a relief! When I saw the PICTURE, with the title "This will be me," I thought, "She's having baby #2? Already?" OOOHHHH, you just mean you'll be exercising with a stroller. I get it now.

I'd say the prime factor in having the body you want is determination, and you have plenty of that. And it doesn't hurt that you're starting out looking the way most people wish they looked already. My helpful hint: don't forget to drink lots of water!

j1800collett said...

Good luck! Don't forget to fill the wheels of your stroller with air! I would love to run another 5k with you sometime! If you are ever interested, let me know! I need something to motivate me to start running again...

j1800collett said...

p.s. this is Brooke. haha. My neighbor was the last one on gmail.

Renee said...

Umm...good luck! My hips never quite made it back to normal...I am sure you will have better luck! :)

Hannah said...

I find running and pilates is a great mix! You're going to love it! I'm sure the hips will shrink with time...unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do but wait since its more a matter of your actual hips readjusting. Just remember, you're one hot mammma!

Baldersons said...

Hope the run went well...I'm sure you will lose the baby weight in no time with running! Good luck!

Our Family said...

If you figure out how to get your hips back, please let me know! Mine were wider with each kid even when I weighed less. You'll still look great, and more importantly feel great, so don't worry too much about it. If you can let it go, you'll be better prepared when you lose your boobs too:) Just enjoy the run!

Anderson's said...

I admire you. I hate running!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

So, how did it go?