Monday, May 4, 2009

4...and counting

Today is our 4 year anniversary, how time flies. We met freshman year at BYU. He was the cool, popular bball player and I was a school-obsessed nerd with a tan. haha. We instantly hit it off and had a blast together. A year and a half later we were married on 05/05/05. I'm pretty sure we are a perfect match. (although my tan has since disappeared)

The quick story of how we met...

I came to BYU 2003
We met thru a series of pranks that involved Mike and boys stealing a pink flamingo from our dorm room (picture below is the night the guys tried to pull off the prank but miserably failed) THIS is our first picture taken together ever. I didn't even know Mike!We started liking each other at a Halloween dance (I went as Tough. Don't ask. I had a "T" for tough taped on my shirt and called it good) I mean...hello...of course he fell in love with me. It's a pretty irresistible costume.
We started dating soon after. Mike was my hoodlum basketball player :)
We dated 1 1/2 years...
...and were married May 5, 2005. And 4 years later...here we are! Life is a blast with Mike. I'm excited for our many years to come! I love you Mike.

16 comments:

Gregory said...

Wow 4 years! 5.5 years together...man time flies. I still remember ya'lls freshman year very vividly. Good times.

lyndsey said...

yay! my favorite cinco de mayo anniversary people. hooray for four whole years of marriage! and i LOVE those pictures from freshman year...you were so cute and you really WERE super tan. i had those days too, once. what happened to us??

Chelsea said...

I can still remember seeing you guys move in next door to us! You came home to your apartment one night with a wedding dress in hand and I thought, awwww our neighbors are newly weds! ha ha. We had just had our first baby 4 days before. ah memories :) Glad you guys are doing so well!

Renee said...

Looking at those pictures makes me laugh...you haven't changed a bit and Mike looks so young to me! Congrats!!!

Karen and Kevin said...

happy anniversary angela! Kevin and I are married 4 years this month as well. I didn't know back then that we were getting married the same month!

Cummards said...

Happy Anniversary! Hoepfully you guys can do somethin fun, holidays/special days take on a whole new meaning when you have a baby! They don't care if its your bday/anniversary or anything else! I hope cute little Colton is extra good today!

Konfusion with a K said...

Yay! Congrats hon! That's so exciting :)

Hannah said...

School-obsessed nerd with a tan--awesome! Sounds like me, but with a tan! ha ha.

Love the stories and the pictures. Has it really been four years? We're so glad that you have Mike. He is such a perfect match for you. I could tell you two were serious over the Christmas break after you met because you stopped wanting attention from other men ;). That's when I knew!

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary! It was fun to see the pics of you two back in the courting days.

B and C said...

Congrats you guys! I remember you telling me about the fateful Halloween dance- very, very cute!

Shannon said...

Congratulations! You are the cutest family!!

Alec and Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing all the old pictures, they are so adorable!

janner said...

Happy Anniversary guys! My kids always remember your Cinco de Mayo wedding because they got to skip school and SOL tests and stuff to come! You are a great couple and now you have your little Colton. Who knew that stealing a pink flamingo would ever lead to that? Love you guys!

Jill said...

Love, love, love you. Happy Anniversary! It just keeps getting better.

Anderson's said...

Happy Anniversary!

becca said...

You didn't really know Mike yet in that first picture together? So cute! I love how you have 5.5 years of cute pictures together. From here on out, you'll have more people in your family pictures, but they'll be even cuter.