Sunday, May 17, 2009

How many steps does it take?

How many steps does it take for a mom to buy a 3 ft kiddie pool, when traveling with a 2 1/2 month baby? Let me tell you!

Step 1: Load Colton into car (all 16 lbs of him)
Step 2: Drive to Smiths, and drive by the outside of the store to make sure said kiddie pool is still available
Step 3: Park car
Step 4: Take Colton and carseat out of car
Step 5: Find shopping cart FAST before my arm loses circulation
Step 6: Walk up to kiddie pools, realize that it will NOT fit in your shopping cart with carseat
Step 7: Wait thru line, and ask to purchase the pool that isn't in my shopping cart
Step 8: Wheel cart with carseat and Colton back to my car
Step 9: Load Colton in car (it's 100 degrees) and remember to UNlock the trunk which can only be unlocked with keys so I don't have to turn off the car when picking up the pool
Step 10: RUN to return shopping cart so child doesn't overheat...cart return is too far...so LEAVE cart in the middle of a spot (I have NEVER done that before)
Step 11: Drive around the entire parking lot so car is perfectly positioned on the correct side of the rode while driving by the front of Smiths
Step 12: Jump out of car, load kiddie pool...and take off with baby screaming

We are the PROUD new owners of a 3 ft kiddie pool. I hope it is worth the effort. Maybe I just should have waited for Mike to get home...

16 comments:

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

I hope he loves it! Bennett thinks sitting in the bath is just about the best thing since sliced bread so I'm cure Colton will love it too! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Brooke said...

Good for you! Things are always more complicated with a baby in tow. I bet Colton will LOVE the pool! We should definitely get together this week!

It's supposed to be hot. Maybe we can test out the new pool! :)

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

All that to get a tan!?!?!??!?!? Why not just fake and bake? This is from Sharon, not Heidi.

Karen and Kevin said...

hahaha. Only a parent can understand how it takes and extra30 minutes, usually along with some creative logistics thinking as well, to do the same activity that takes 5 minutes without kids! I hope you take some cute pool pictures!!

brittany said...

just wait until you have a few more... your steps will be quadrupled. ha ha. glad you got the pool and made it home in one peice!

Baldersons said...

Ha ha....oh the length of time it takes to get anything done with a baby! Very impressed you persevered and actually got the little pool..I would have given up and gone home after the first three or four steps!

Jill said...

One little baby causes all that disruption? Yes, indeed. They may be small, but they make big waves.

You are macho-mom! Hope Mike has fun in the pool! Oh, it's for Colton?

Amanda J said...

I remember that feeling! Oh wait, I STILL know the feeling. Ha ha. I'm sure you'll just enjoy the pool that much more!

Hannah said...

I always have visions of trips to the store with kids hopping in and out as fast as me, and it NEVER goes like I expect it too! But sometimes it just feels good to do SOMETHING!

Renee said...

You could have waited but it would have been less fun! I am sure you will love the pool and I hope that Colton does too!

lyndsey said...

lol! um, glad you finally got the little baby pool...who knew it would take 12 steps to do it? nice work, momma :)

janner said...

Welcome to motherhood! Shopping with kids at really any age is a challenge--even 16. But at least I can usually return the carts now. Truly though, there were YEARS when I always left the cart in the space, so don't even feel bad about it. Kid safety always comes first. There is a time and season to all things I always say! The pool sounds like a worthy endeavor--stay cool!

Aaron and Chels Allred said...

Haha! Drama at the store! That's totally why we have husbands...to kill bugs..change the light bulbs..and get awkward items from the store! But I bet that little pool is way worth the hassal! ;D

Anderson's said...

I always try to park next to a cart return. That way I can grab one there and return it quickly! I hate grocery shopping with kids!

Carly said...

This is Carly Pendleton. My husband Jeff had a class with Mike in college and we are friends with Greg and Heidi. I just wanted to offer my condolences on leaving the shopping cart in the middle of the lot. You have entered a new realm of inconvenience, and returning carts to the corral is one of those things that you will probably never do again. :-) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Your baby is adorable, by the way. Congratulations!

becca said...

You've got some good strategies going, Ang! Mission accomplished.