Friday, July 10, 2009

Happenings

Pictured Above: Colton reflecting on the exciting happenings of the last few weeks. Here is what he's been up to:

1. VA trip-meeting cousins, grandparents, aunts, great grandparents...Colton is pretty sure he has the coolest family ever (Roses included). Very true.

2. Attending gradution- My littlest brother, Steven, graduated! Please take note of Colton screaming. This is another demonstration of my child's hatred for public places (please see airplane post for another)

3. Enjoying sticking out his toungue

4. Going to the pool with daddy- Our new discovery...when in a public place, make sure a pool is involved and Colton will be fantastic. He loves to be completely motionless while in the pool, then the second we take him out, he is non stop talk for the next hour. Very cute.


5. Looking really cool- I mean, sun hat, bib, bumbo, and grab apple. Does life get cooler than that?

6. Getting his FIRST TOOTH- yes folks, it's official. Colton has one little tooth coming in. Along with that tooth he also has a fever, runny nose, cough, sneeze and very pathetic looking face. Awww...

7. 4 month checkup- weighing in at 19.1 lbs...he is officially off the charts :)

We love love love our little Colton. He just gets more and more fun everyday.

10 comments:

aandkhousewright said...

a tooth? i can't believe it! that picture in the bumbo just reminded me that i have a tray for my bumbo that i should start using -- brooke's always trying to get out of it. looks like you had fun in va -- we're leaving in a week to head home for a while... can't wait! colton is too cute! growing up too fast....

Jill said...

He is so beautiful! And photogenic. And sweet. We sure loved having you here. Thank you so much for making that supreme effort to come see us. By the way, I am NOT KIDDING about this: He looks like YOU in that first picture! I'm pretty sure I could match that up with a picture of baby Angela. Usually I think he's about 99% Mike, but not in that first photo....apparently you ARE his mom.

Taylor Kowallis said...

wow!!! My girls are 19months and they weight 21 pounds!! Big boy but soooo stinking cute!

Crystal said...

Looks like little Colton has been having a lot of fun. He is so adorable. He has such a sweet and innocent face.

Brooke said...

I love this post. Colton is so cute. I can attest to him sitting motionless while in the swimming pool. Total relaxation. That first picture is sooo adorable. I also enjoyed seeing the picture from Steven's graduation. You sure have a good looking family!

I'm excited to continue working on our advent calendars! You should be proud; I haven't worked on mine at all since you left. I was thinking I could come to you if that would be more convenient. Let me know.

Jill said...

Yes, I'm commenting again. That is the cutest smile in the hat-bumbo-apple picture. What a dear happy boy. By the way, have you found a new apple toy to replace the one that got lost?

Kate said...

Oh man, I just realized I definitely sat with your family at church on Sunday. Your mom introduced herself and I didn't even make the connection until just now. Crazy! Oh, and Colton is getting cuter every day I think.

janner said...

Colton really is the little man with a tooth and all! At 4 months? Amazing! What an advanced child! He is adorable--esp. love the bumbo picture. So glad we got to see him while he was still a baby--he might be all grown up by Michigan! haha!

Hannah said...

I love him! I think one of my favorite pictures is colton with the three thelin girls around him...so cute! I LOVE Colton in his board shirt. I miss him (and you)! I'm glad he seems to be encouraging lots of pool time. Soak it up!

becca said...

I love how you started this post off with Colton "reflecting" on the recent happenings. Mom is right -- he does look like you! And (I'm a little selfish here) but I'm pretty excited that I am the one holding him in the family graduation picture. That's me folks, happy aunt holding screaming Colton. And another shout-out for the cute picture of Bree and Colton. Yeah for cousins!
Love you!