Thursday, August 27, 2009

Time.

Colton turned 6 months this week. Time is a funny thing. Especially in the world of babies. Time seems to tick on minute by minute and day by day so slowly at first..."I'll never sleep more than 1 hour at a time" "my baby is never going to learn how to smile" "he'll always need me to bounce him on the exercise ball to fall asleep". But then, looking back it all seems like it went by so fast. In just 6 months my child grew 6 inches, gained nearly 13 lbs and is almost (I know he's a little behind) rolling and sitting up.
--
I look at these pictures below and remember the emotions I was going through at this time. The nurses placed him in my arms and we just stared at each other. I was so scared. Colton was darling, but such a little stranger to me. Now 6 months later, he is a whole little person complete with a personality, likes and dislikes, favorite toys, rolly arms and legs, and our little buddy.
--
I'll keep kissing these cheeks as much as I can, because apparently one day Colton will grow up and won't let me. I don't believe it though.
What great adventures lie ahead in the next 6 months?...rolling...crawling...walking...talking. We have a lot of learning to do!

15 comments:

Kara said...

I can't believe Colton is 6 months already. I swear you just had him! He's getting so big, but he's still just as cute. Good luck with the next six months!

Brooke said...

What a handsome little guy! He looks like he is thinning out too. I can't believe he is already 6 months old! That's about how old Ryan was when we left Provo! Crazy.

Also, I am loving the new high chair! Is that the one you guys got? You have impeccable taste!

Shaneshia Phill said...

I understand how you feel and Keshlyn is only 3 months! I cry a couple times a week just thinking to myself, "She can't get any bigger. I want her to stay this size forever." I am trying to soak up every second with her because it's going by so quickly! Isn't being a mommy so rewarding though?!?!?!

Renee said...

Seriously so cute!

Crystal said...

It's amazing how fast babies seem to grow. (I think it goes even faster with kid #2.) Colton is so adorable. I love the 6-12 month stage because they learn so much so fast. Everyday they surprise you with something new.

Aaron and Celina said...

colton is already 6 months! where did the time go!? it seems like just yesterday we were both pregnant talking about baby stuff at leavitt (since that's pretty much all we talked about those last few months) and now he's already 6 months!

Baldersons said...

Crazy he is already 6 months....its so sad that babies grow up so fast huh? I guess the only thing to do is just enjoy every second with them! He is adorable by the way x

The Johnson Five said...

Oh he is so cute I wanna eat him!! hah!! I had fun yesterday girl!

Hannah said...

That is really one of the cutest faces I've ever seen. I can't wait to see it again in October! We love our Colton.

Karen and Kevin said...

those pictures are adorable! he is getting his own little look. He is too cute.

Jill said...

He gets more beautiful all the time. Imagine all that cuteness developing over the next months! It's wonderful.

Anderson's said...

He is getting so bug! Time does fly with kids.

Jordan said...

I can't wait to see Big C again... me and Joey need to take a road trip down to your place again soon! I would say this weekend since it's a three day weekend... BUT, Mike is leaving town. But soon.. I think that'd be great. I think mike should sing you the Hootie and the Blowfish song, "Time"... that was one of his favorites back in the day. It would aply to this post I think.

Aaron and Chels Allred said...

awww!! that got me a little bit misty eyed!! he is precious! love the pictures!

becca said...

I used to think that really good parents could keep their kids from growing up. I knew it was impossible, but I would look at how fast other kids seemed to grow, and I would think, "How irresponsible of those parents -- don't they see how big their child is getting! They should do something about that. When I am a parent, my baby will always stay little." I know, impossible. But the thought is there, nonetheless.