Friday, September 25, 2009

funny kid

I love my little Colton a ton and think he's the best, but I still realize the funny things about his personality. I've mentioned before how he hates public. No joke, EVERY time I run an errand he screams at least once during the outing.

Examples:
Ward activity.Last weekend at our 5k, he's in the stroller and barely keeping it together as long as no one acknowledges his existence. A friend comes up and says "oh, hi Colton! Look how big you're getting"...to which he looks at me and Mike, turns his lip out and screams (with no build up).
Church. Sacrament meeting is over, Colton is on my hip. A lady walks by and says, "Wow, he's sitting up on his own and everything"...to which Colton looks at me, turns his lip out and screams.
Kohls. While walking out of Kohls an older lady looks over at us (she made the mistake by noticing Colton, who likes to go unnoticed) and mentions "I have 20 grandchildren"...to which....YOU get the idea.
...
Is this normal? haha. Maye he is:
Extra sensitive? Shy? Just a baby?
Funny kid.

10 comments:

Renee said...

Can't wait to see how he reacts the the whole Hill clan starring at him this weekend! I am pretty sure that is normal and a lot of kids don't like large groups. Can't wait to see you guys!

Brooke said...

It makes me so happy that he smiles at me instead of screaming. The fact that he doesn't do it to everyone makes it even more gratifying. Thanks Colton baby!

lyndsey said...

um...hope he doesnt shriek at me during our breakfast date tomorrow.

Jill said...

Some babies are just really into the stranger thing. You even used to scream for Grandma and Grandpa. That is, until you were old enough to tell me you wished you could live with them instead of me.

VERY cute pictures, by the way. Sad face, happy face, both beautiful.

Sharon said...

Love the pictures. He gets cuter every day. I hope he doesn't scream at grandpa and me. Hopefully after a week he will be used to us. Can't wait to see Colton....and of course, you and Mike.

Hannah said...

I love it. And yes, I'm sure this within the normal spectrum of baby behavior. What fun would motherhood be if you didn't have a momma's boy? What cute pics!

Aaron and Chels Allred said...

haha thats funny! I will keep this in mind from now on when i see you at church, i'll just keep my distance! lol. I would hate to make the kid scream! cute cute!

Anderson's said...

Both my babies were very shy. Cohe still hates attention and he is almost 2!

Crystal said...

It's so funny how all kids come with their own unique little personalities. He's looking so grown up in those pictures. What a cute boy.

becca said...

You paired such perfect pictures with this post. (Alliteration. I couldn't help myself.)

It is really funny when you call me after a shopping trip to say, "Guess what Colton did . . " I love that he likes to go unnoticed. Too bad, he's just to cute -- he HAS to be noticed!