Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's official!

I am officially part of the "Mommy Club". How did I officially become a member you ask? Because tonight, I officially lost my mind. I spent 3 hours at a church activity tonight without even realizing that I was wearing 2 DIFFERENT SHOES.
Proof below (black and brown--not even close):
The story of the mismatched shoes:

Tonight was Young Women in Excellence, a big night for the YW. I was in charge of all the musical numbers and hoping for a smooth night. I was feeling very proud of myself, all freshly showered, with no spit up on the shoulder, make up on, and hair straightened. Looking good. As I'm leaving, my child is screaming for me (very common these days as I am the only one that can calm him down) and so while holding him--all 22.5 lbs of him-- I finish getting my things to go out the door. No hands, I open the closet and dig one foot into the pile of shoes and put a shoe on one foot...I then dig with the other foot a little more and put another shoe on. Peep toe...heel...check.

Fast forward 3 hours until activity is over...

YW leader: "Angela, did you realize you were wearing two different shoes?"
Then one of the young women piped in: "yeah, I noticed that during the program. I didn't tell you because I figured there was nothing you could do about it. I told a few of the other girls though."
Then, trying to make me feel better she said: "It's okay, it happens sometimes."
To which I replied with: "I actually don't think it does happen...ever..."
End of embarassing story.
___________________________

I was laughing so hard I was crying. So, maybe I've lost my mind...but at least I haven't lost my sense of humor! Anyone else ever have mommy moments like this?

12 comments:

Sharon said...

I did the same thing to church a couple of weeks ago and I don't even have a baby to blame! Hope the Yw in Excellence program went well.

Aileen Taylor said...

that is so funny! love the story! i had a friend that was in a hurry to get out the door. it was her first day going back to the gym post baby (not her first attempt though) and she was trying to get the kids situated, feed them, blah blah blah, you get the point. well, she was really proud of herself because she made it out the door and to the gym! she checked in and started to proceed to the treadmill, when the desk attendant called after her and told her that she could not work out that day.
...to her dismay, she actually left the house wearing slippers.

Jill said...

Knowing you, you made it look good. I would not be surprised if a good number of YW start copying the trend.

And yes, welcome to the mommy club!! I HAVE DONE THAT! Navy blue and black.

Brooke said...

haha. I love this story. I bet you looked fab in your mismatched shoes. If anyone could pull it off, it would be you!

Sunday mornings are the worst for me. It's always a last minute scramble to get snacks and drinks and scriptures and bags together. On more than one occasion I have gotten all the way to church and stepped out the car to realize I am still wearing my flip flops. I then have to drive all the way home to change into my high heels, making us extra late.

Aaron and Chels Allred said...

hahahaha..oh my gosh. that is hilarious! I feel like this baby has made me lose my mind as well..i was sitting at a stop SIGN the other day, waiting for a light (that wasnt there) to change. ridiculous. don't be embarrassed though, maybe it can be a fashion statement!

sam and brittney said...

That is too funny!!

Anderson's said...

oh that is classic! sorry, but i have never done that - yet.

Kennedy said...

So since I was there and didn't even notice until you told me I am pretty sure that my brain is pretty much shot! It was hilarious when you told me thought! The BEST! Classic mom with screaming child thing to do! :o)

Crystal said...

That is so funny! Welcome to the "mommy club." I am so paranoid about forgetting something that I always go through a little mental checklist in the car before pulling out; baby, Harlie, cell phone, purse, diapers, etc... I'll have to add matching shoes to my list:)

Karen and Kevin said...

HAHA thats a good story... at least they're both cute shoes :)

janner said...

I think the mismatched shoes are a sensation! You are too funny, Ang. I can totally see how the whole thing played out, and it would have to be at a YW event. If it had been RS, nobody would have noticed! Love it! Heidi will like this story too!

amccay said...

Glad you laughed! It HAS happened to LOTS of us! It has happened to me, and one time my lady-boss showed up at work after a walk to the subway, a ride on the subway, and a walk a couple of blocks to work from the subway. She was limping. We asked why. She had no idea, looked down and had on one brown high heel and one blue low heel! Hers were teenagers who can make you do that too!