Friday, November 6, 2009

My First Project!

I finished my first actual sewing project today, and I LOVE IT! I never knew I could be so excited about a stocking. Here is Colton's Christmas stocking, complete with: outside fabric, batting, AND lining...cuff...and cute decorations with some embroidery. And I made up the pattern all by myself.
You like it? (I am very proud of myself if you couldn't tell, so don't tell me that you don't like it...or else)

Close up of the fabric and cute star (note the basic embroidery)
The lining (it even has little white stars on it). Isn't the stocking so perfectly fluffy?
Love love love it. I had so much fun making it. Only problem is, now I want coordinating ones for me and Mike...

11 comments:

Hannah said...

Awesome! This looks fabulous Angie! I wish we lived close so that we could take on little projects together. I absolutely love this, and think it is perfectly fluffy! The hand embroidery on the star is awesome too. I think you SHOULD make one for you and Mike :).

Jill said...

Woohoo!
You could go into business! It is fabulous, tasteful, cozy, and perfectly professional. I am very impressed. Bring on Christmas.

Taylor Kowallis said...

how stinking cute!!! I want to make some but I dont have a sewing machine :( Maybe I can borrow one from someone and then you can teach me how you did this! It totally looks like a pro made this!!!

Brooke said...

Wow! You made quick work of that! It looks awesome! If I ever get around to buying fabric you will have to show me how it's done. How did you do the letters so perfectly?

I LOVE it!

sam and brittney said...

I am soo impressed! I can't believe that you even made up the pattern. I can't even sew on a button! This will be something you will love for years to come!

Anderson's said...

Angela I LOVE it! I wanted to make some for my kids this year too. Was it hard? I am so not good at sewing and I am even taking a class right now

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Turned out perfect! beautifully made! Looks professional!

becca said...

That is the most perfect stocking EVER. I think my favorite part is the embroidered star -- we definitely needed the close-up shot of that! And I love your choice of fabrics. Green is my favorite color, you know. The cuff is most impressive. I really can't believe you made it yourself -- I know I couldn't.

Karen and Kevin said...

thats so good! wow Im impressed I cant even sew the hole in my pants so I stapled it instead, haha!

janner said...

I am SO excited for you! It turned out awesome! And to think...my stockings were an inspiration to you! I am so honored. Looks like you did a fabulous job--love the star applique too! Way more impressive than the poop bag! Haha!

Heather and Billy said...

I LOVE it. You did an excellent job!