Thursday, November 19, 2009

What?

The following conversation occurred today at the Dr. office between me and the receptionist:

Receptionist: "Aw, your baby is so cute."
Me: "Thank you, he's my big boy."
Receptionist: "What nationality is he?"
Me: "What?...him?" pointing at my child with a confused face.
Receptionist: "Yeah, he looks like he has some other nationality in him."
Me: "Uhhh...white and white, his dad is a red head and I'm blonde. We are both as white looking as they come."
Me continuing: "What nationality did you think he had in him?"
Receptionist: "I don't know exactly...something different."

WHAT? haha. What ELSE could be in him? Does he look part Hawaiian, Asian, Hispanic, Black? That conversation was a first (and probably last). haha.
and just because...here is a picture of what Colton has looked like recently (taken a couple mo. ago). 4 teeth in 4 weeks, and no mobility/crawling yet will do that do a baby.

12 comments:

Jordan said...

hahaha! that's super funny. i could see maybe a bit of chineese in him. the round chubby cheeks.. that can confuse people sometimes. people used to think i was chineese too. jk jk.

sam and brittney said...

That is too funny!

Brooke said...

definitely half black.

Jill said...

Especially cute combination of
Irish--English--German.
That's your answer.

Hannah said...

Maybe they thought he looks like a little sumo wrestler :). he he he. Just kidding Angie--whatever he looks like, he looks adorable! I love this picture.

garrett & brooke said...

Some people. Are you guys gonna be in Provo for Thanksgiving?

garrett & brooke said...

Sweet. We'll be there from the 25th to the 29th. Mine number is 801.616.6032. I guess we'll see you next week and our boys can finally meet!

Aaron and Chels Allred said...

Haha! this made me laugh...I definitely see a little black in him. hahaha..what a weird lady!

Chris and Donna said...

Hey Angie. I saw your blog on Hannah's website and your post cracked me up! I wish people would confuse my kid with being mixed with something...instead I just get asked if I am the babysitter! :)

janner said...

Oh Ang. That is so funny! People are so looney. I mean what was she thinking? You could have just said very matter-of-factly: "well, actually, we've just adopted him from Peru, where he has been being raised by a herd of llamas in the Andes mountains" ...at least it makes a good story to laugh at! He sure is cute, wherever you got him!

Sharon said...

That is absolutely hilarious. I can't imagine what nationality she thinks that he is.

becca said...

I didn't hear about this! Hahaha. Too funny. I like how you said "white and white." Does redhead count as a nationality?