Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Cookie Sheet Advent Calendar complete with magnet ornaments
Made by: ME! (including all the little ornaments) *to my sisters: you know HOW oh-so-much I love the little ornaments
And...just because...here is a picture of me with my boy :)
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I’m in my last semester at BYU, in my last month, about to graduate. While thinking about how excited I am that I am graduating, I remember that I had signed up for a History class up in the Salt Lake center that I HAVEN’T gone to all semester except for one time. It’s almost time for finals, so I try to think of a way that they’ll let me drop the class without failing me OR how I can somehow manage to pass the final with tons of studying and get the “attendance” portion taken out of my grade. Then I realize if I drop/don’t pass this History class, I actually WON’T be able to graduate.
Last night there was an added twist:
Mike and I were at our classes at the Salt Lake center…but with Colton. After class the teacher got mad at us since Colton was disruptive and told us we couldn't bring Colton anymore. “Can’t you just find a babysitter?” she asked. I looked at Mike and started panicking, “No, no one can babysit. I’ve called everyone.”
So, my friends, what does it all mean? It obviously means SOMETHING as I have this dream every few months.
Maybe I’m worried I’m going to forget something.
Maybe I feel pulled in too many directions.
Maybe I’m supposed to go back to school and study History.
Maybe Colton is going to be a History professor.
Maybe I hate History.
Maybe Colton is bad in public (haha, we already knew that).
Friday, July 24, 2009
1) Excellent sleeper- Colton sleeps 12-13 hours at night and 4 hours during the day.
2) Eats a LOT-Colton eats around 35-40 oz a day. Whenever he gets to the end of his 7 oz bottle he often cries hysterically, like I have never fed him in his life. It's quite pathetic.
3) Pee- Colton pees on me at least once a day when changing his diaper. Really Colton? His changing table is still his favorite place to be. He loves the attention and just talks and talks and turns to look at himself in the mirror.
4) Slow mover- Colton is learning to roll, but not quite there yet. Hey, it's a lot of weight to move around...no wonder he's slow at the whole "moving" thing.
5) Squeals- Colton has discovered his upper voice register. Recently Colton enjoys squealing while in his jumper.
6) The lip- Before Colton cries, his lower lip slowly turns out...warning us before the scream.
7) Noises- Colton loves noises. Clapping, snapping, squeaking, and funny voice noises. Nothing calms in down like doing goofy noises.
8) Blanket- Colton loves his blanket. When I put him down for naps he always starts crying right when we approach the crib. He quickly calms himself down by putting his blanket over his face and chewing on it.
9) Attention- Colton loves attention from his mom and dad. He'll just sit there in his jumper waiting for us to look over at him. The second we look over, he flashes us a big smile.
We love our Colton boy. I can't believe he's 5 months already. He's grown up so much! Isn't that face just the most kissable face you've ever seen?
Sunday, July 19, 2009
If any of you hear of anyone that's gone "missing" let me know. I think I might know where to look.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
1. VA trip-meeting cousins, grandparents, aunts, great grandparents...Colton is pretty sure he has the coolest family ever (Roses included). Very true.
3. Enjoying sticking out his toungue
4. Going to the pool with daddy- Our new discovery...when in a public place, make sure a pool is involved and Colton will be fantastic. He loves to be completely motionless while in the pool, then the second we take him out, he is non stop talk for the next hour. Very cute.
5. Looking really cool- I mean, sun hat, bib, bumbo, and grab apple. Does life get cooler than that?
6. Getting his FIRST TOOTH- yes folks, it's official. Colton has one little tooth coming in. Along with that tooth he also has a fever, runny nose, cough, sneeze and very pathetic looking face. Awww...
7. 4 month checkup- weighing in at 19.1 lbs...he is officially off the charts :)
We love love love our little Colton. He just gets more and more fun everyday.