Thursday, January 21, 2010

You know you live in a desert when...

IF IT RAINS...

...The news talks excitedly at the possibility of Vegas receiving .5 in of rain over the course of 2 days. .5 in!!! Whoa, calm down everyone.

...Colton looks up to the sky first in surprise, then confusion, and then laughs as if the rain falling on his face is a funny joke. Silly rain drops. Falling on my head. Silly.

...I purposefully decide to go OUT and run errands just so I can use my windshield wipers and get wet. I gotta soak it all in.

...there is brown water running down the sides of the streets from washing away all the dust and dirt accumulated over the past 8 months of NO rain.

I love it!!

Colton moving update: well, I shouldn't really call it an update since not much has changed. My 11 month old it still not scooting or crawling. He is however, rolling a little more, attempting to pull up on things and reaching really far. I have this pit in my stomach telling me I'm going to have a one year old that doesn't move yet...sigh.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

The rain has been CRAZY! I love it! :)

Jill said...

Let it rain! (It's doing that right now here, perhaps with a little sleet.)Colton looks ADORABLE (and genuinely amused)in that picture!

Renee said...

I had a conversation with my friend today who had baby #4 right after Summer was born. She isn't moving and none of her others moved until they were at least one. I know you have heard it a million times but he will do it when he is ready...he is already doing better! He is one stinking cute kid! I love the first picture of your post. The look on his face is darling!

Hannah said...

Hooray for rain, and having the energy to go out in it! I love that little Colton's face--he looks so thrilled!

Crystal said...

Hasn't the rain been a nice change of pace? I love that picture of Colton. It's so adorable.

Don't feel too bad about Mike zoning out during the playoffs. Jake is really great at that too just about anytime of year that he is watching sports.

janner said...

I remember the rain in Vegas. I went out in my rubber boots but soon realized they would not be high enough. People were going down the middle of the street in canoes and rowboats! It was a blast. Gordon

becca said...

That is world's best rainy day picture! I love that you actually went out on purpose to enjoy the rain. Silly rain. Falling on my head. Hahaha. Thanks for posting -- I wish I had had a little better attitude about my rain this week in sunny Southern Cali.