Monday, March 22, 2010

come ON!

So, I was looking through a magazine with all this baby stuff and just cracking up! Either I'm not a super experienced mom or there are some psycho, I mean, "more prepared" moms out there. Please tell me, do any of you HAVE or have CONSIDERED having any of these items?

1. Cozy Crib Tent: "not only prevents climbing and falling...prevents little limbs from getting stuck between crib rails"
My Opinion: Tent WITH zipper? Paranoid much? How about if you kid is mobile enough to get out of a crib, think about a toddler bed!
2. The Sit Seat: "It not only attaches to nearly every chair, anywhere, it attaches to YOU, securing baby on your lap hands-free!"
My opinion: There's an idea. A kid is too squirmy...so just STRAP them to your lap. That will go over well, I'm sure :) And if kids ARE sitting your lap, is it really necessary to secure them with straps?

3. Dry Eyes Visor: "We just made bathtime even happier! Our visor has prevented millions of tears..."
My Opinion: Riiiiighhht...kids aren't okay with covering their eyes with a towel but are okay with you placing a visor on their head? I guess it just looks sooo cool so it's okay.

4. Add-A-Size Garment Extender: "s-t-r-e-t-c-h the lifespan of more of baby's one piece outfits!"
My Opinion: Why not just by new onsies? If it's $10 for these, wouldn't it make sense to spend $10 on new onsies?

5. Backhoe: "Our kid testers SO dug this backhoe"
My Opinion: First of all...HATE the word backhoe, doesn't bring good images to mind. Next, okay, if your kid can operate this thing and you happen to have a sand filled backyard...props for you. Your kid is officially amazing and you should utilize his talent with vacuuming, mopping, shoveling...
Awesome. Thank you "One Step Ahead" for opening to my eyes to a world full of possibilities.

12 comments:

Taylor Kowallis said...

haha! There is a lady in my ward that has twin boys the same age as my girls and they have the crib tents! NO JOKE!!! They have had them since they were like a year old because they are crazy little boys!! Soooo funny!

Jill said...

As a seamstress, I can testify that all snaps are not alike! Those onesie extenders have a good chance of not fitting your baby's onesie.

The Sit Seat is the funniest! It we get enough devices, we might never have to touch our kids at all!!

The tent could be handy for young babies that are just too agile for their own good. Still, it seems a little like putting your kid in the zoo....

Cecily said...

So basically, if I just tape my kid into a huge cardboard box filled with sand, he'll be happy and safe?

Can't move? Check.

Sand to build digging character? Check.

Karen the "Hungry Mom" said...

first of all happy belated birthday! And secondly the funniest one is definitely the dry eyes visor... seriously?!

Aaron and Celina said...

some of those made me laugh.. especially the sit seat... i highly doubt allie would even attempt to stay put if i had her in one of those!! happy "a little late" birthday!!!! the big 25! wow! you're old :)

Crystal said...

Yeah, I'd be totally into the thing that straps your baby to your lap if my child would just sit there all sweet like the baby in the picture, but I guess that would kind of defeat the purpose of the sit seat. I'm pretty sure that thing would just be absolute torture for Schaeffer.

Cummards said...

Before I got to the end of the post I knew exactly what magazine you were looking at! They have some crazy things in there, BUT I am not kidding when I say I wish I had known about the crib tent with Casey! He started getting out of his crip at way too young of an age. It was hard because he was too little for a regular bed, but I was worried about him climbing out of his crib and getting hurt, or climbing out in the morning and not coming in our room and just wondering around. So switching him was such a pain, and took really long because he wasn't ready. Not to mention it totally messed up his sleep. It took a good 6 months for him to start sleeping normal hours at night, and having normal length naps again. This is a novel I know, but I seriously wish I had one of those!

Kennedy said...

We have the onesie extenders...my only defense is that they were a gift, but I use them a lot with Rory. She is really long in the middle but really skinny so sometimes buying the next size up just doesn't work. A lot of brands get wider and longer so there have been times where Rory could slip right through the neck hole...I know...insane. But Jill is right about them not fitting everything. It did give us some extra time in a few outfits though so they weren't that bad a of a gift.

I do have to say that I would never have PURCHASED them. lol I get this magazine too and sometimes I just stare at things and wonder who on earth decided that item was something I might need...and how can I get paid to do that? I'm sure that I can come up with all KINDS of stupid stuff no one actually needs...

Amanda J said...

You know, I would actually use the visor thing. If it worked. Nicholas HATES having his hair washed. I mean you would think I was drowning him if you heard our bath time fights every night. He won't use a towel to cover his face either. We literally fight every single time. It is so ridiculous and frustrating. As stupid as some of it sounds or looks, it might actually work for some kids' quirks.

Baldersons said...

Angela you crack me up. Most of those are a little extreme but I have a ton of friends who use the crib tents and LOVE them...I would totally use one too if Sophie figured out how to climb out of her crib!

Chels Allred said...

hahaha this made me laugh so much. but i'm not even going to lie......that backhoe is pretty bitchin.

Ashby said...

You are too funny. Those are all hilarious!

Although, in defense of the crib tent (which I never used personally) my sister has used it, and so has my neighbor. Both of their kids were climbing out at all hours of the night, and the crib tent was a life saver. Hey, it's better than the baby gate my friend strapped to the top of her kid's crib to keep her in during the night. Hmmm....maybe I need to suggest she get the crib tent.