Thursday, March 4, 2010

Finally!

...Colton is crawling! I am definitely a believer in physical therapy. A month ago, Colton was not even rolling over, sitting up from laying down, scooting, crawling ANYTHING (equivalent to a 6 month old's mobility level).

With 2 times a week physical therapy sessions for the past month and lots of at home practice, I present to you... my MOBILE child. ahhh...such a relief. On top of that, with the increased mobility, it appears Colton's mystery breathing problems are gradually going away. It is such a relief to know that my child is healthy and strong. He just needed a little bit of extra help!


Now maybe his mobility will be able to catch up with all his other strong skills like reading...(notice how he holds the book with his feet. Too funny. Seriously though, the kid loves reading books to himself.) ...and doing puzzles (ALMOST Colton. Almost. I walked away and when I came back, this is what he did. Every piece in a spot...just not the right spots :) Love it. )


Hooray for Colton! I never thought I'd be so happy to childproof a house!

*Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers on his behalf. We feel very blessed that everything has worked out with the breathing/moving!

20 comments:

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

Yay! I am so overjoyed for you guys! What a relief for you! I wish I could see him in action! Crawling is a fun stage so enjoy it because before you know he'll be walking.

Yay for physical therapy!

Kara said...

Yay!!!!! Congratulations little man! I'm so glad everything is working out. I must say the feet reading picture is definitely my favorite.

Now that Colton is crawling... let the mischief begin!

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McGiven Family.... said...

What a relief for you! I am so glad it helped and was worth it. I am sure iy has not been easy for you. You ate a great mom snd Colton is adorable!

McGiven Family.... said...

Can you tell I typed that with one hand while holding Luke?

lyndsey said...

YAY! yay colton. he looks so cute & proud of himself in that puzzle picture. haha. good job buddy!

Brooke said...

Hooray! I have been waiting for this post. I could tell he was so close when we saw him on Sunday. Before you know it, he will be walking! SO excited for you guys!

Tara said...

How exciting for you!! Good job Colton.

Our Family said...

This made my day! I'm soooo happy for you guys!

Karen the "Hungry Mom" said...

haha I love the puzzle picture!! yay colton, im glad physical therapy seemed to be just what he needed!

Baldersons said...

Yay congratulations Colton - and good job Angela with the physical therapy! So happy for you guys!

Crystal said...

Hooray! I'm so glad that physical therapy has worked so well for him. He'll be getting into all sorts of trouble before you know it:).

Sharon said...

Can't wait to see all his new tricks!!

Cummards said...

I'm glad it all worked out and you don't have to stress anymore! They seem to grow up so much fast once they start moving around! I have a feeling he will now go from crawling to walking in no time.

Jill said...

Hurray for our boy!!!
He was so close when I left Tuesday....now I have to come back!
(Good excuse.)

I am seriously crazy about the puzzle photograph. Too cute! I love thinking of that busy little mind figuring that out...

Hannah said...

Hooray Colton! He must be so excited about his new found freedom and mobility! I also love the puzzle pic and the book reading with his feet. He is so dear!

sam and brittney said...

YEA!! I am soo happy for little Colton! I knew he would get it. He is just on his own little time table! Also, what a little smarty pants baby! I can't believe the puzzle and reading pics! Love them!

Aaron and Celina said...

Horray Colton is crawling!!! now we need to get our little ones together so they can play and chase each other! :)

OdiliaRWynne said...

先將一個人的生活過好,才有能力過好兩個人的生活........................................

Chels Allred said...

phew! glad he is crawling! What a cute reader! I love that he holds it with his feet! funny!!