Monday, August 2, 2010

Super bummed.

So, I made some cute ladder nightstands last week while Mike was out of town that totally matched my bed headboard. Same stain, style, solid wood and everything. They were PERFECT...
...or so I thought until I put them in my room. They were miniature! Super tiny. The scale is all off. Apparently they are for a kid bedroom. Ugh. I guess the link to a pottery barn kids room with the ladder nightstand should've been a giveaway. Dumb. (You can't even see the poor nightstand on the left side of the bed because it's too small! haha)
All that time and money wasted. I guess I'll be posting these on craigslist later today as nightstand / flower pot stand / ladder for SALE.

LAME. I'm mad. But it IS also a little funny.

And now I still have to come up with nightstands!
*anyone know how I can get rid of those annoying Chinese symbol comments I keep getting? I added the word type in but it still hasn't helped.

9 comments:

becca said...

Oh, Ang! Totally a bummer!!!

It's all a little ironic because you love tiny things. I know you were hoping for nightstands, but they've got to have a purpose somewhere else, right?

I'm glad you could blog about it. That's the first step in healing.

Sharon said...

Oh, Ang. Sorry about that. Although I must say I laughed just a little.

Brooke said...

oh no!!! Huge bummer. I wonder if you could change the scale and just make adult sized ones? They are super cute!

I am still amazed at your furniture building skills.

Hannah said...

Oh Angie--I'm totally cracking up! They ARE so beautiful though. I'm with Becca--there has got to be some great purpose for them somwhere, right? Heck--I'll take them...

Jill said...

Can they be step stools in the bathroom so Colton can wash his hands at those tall sinks? They're so beautiful! I keep thinking there should be some machine, like on "Honey I Shrunk the Kids," that can just zoop them up to size.

I am so sorry. I can only relate from my experiences when I have sewn something together beautifully, only to find that it's just plain wrong.

Oh, you must have just screamed.

ChanellR said...

I'm impressed with your building skills- miniature or not.

Anderson's said...

What a bummer! I am so impressed with all you do.....I need to try making something

้›…็Ž‹ไปป said...

Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.............................................................

janner said...

Love the nightstands...sorry they are tiny! But hey about the annoying chinese symbol things. We get them on Chris' blog all the time. They actually are links to bad sites. Stupid. I asked blogger about it and was told by several people to just moderate all the comments. It is a pain, but it was the only way I could get rid of it. The comments just show up in your email and you can choose to publish it or reject it. I guess you can just delete them off of your site too, but they will probably keep coming.