Friday, August 6, 2010

Updates

Life has just been the regular around here. Colton is almost 18 months old and so fun but ALSO now into the full blown toddler/tantrum/terrible twos stage (why do they call it terrible twos if my child started it at 15 months?)

He is as cute as ever, and as opinionated and stubborn as ever...but what did I expect, he IS my son :) He has started talking in sentences (his most fav being "I want dada"), can fold his arms for prayers, locate temples in pictures, give high fives, run, give me kisses which turn into face slaps, and sit in time out while shaking his hand and saying "no no throw legos". haha. Love this kid.
Here's what we've been up to...

Trying to stay cool in the Vegas summer heat...


Falling and running into things all the time causing awesome goose eggs!

teething a BA-ZILLION molars...causing mommy and daddy to pull out ALL the stops (YES, that is Colton in a Cozy Coupe Car, while watching Baby Einstein, with a basketball hoop and ball, AND his puppy on the roof. TEETHING IS ROUGH. If anyone wants to ask me what it's like to hold a 30 lb child all day long, go ahead :)

Hanging out with friends (Ryan), still drinking a bottle -- don't judge me...we still use it a couple times a day for milk -- , and traveling everywhere with his puppy
And that's our life right now. Probably pretty similar to yours too!

12 comments:

Sharon said...

I love all the cute pictures of Colton man. My favorite picture is when we is drinking straight out of the hose. He looks like he hasn't seen water in days! What a cute little guy.

Karen the "Hungry Mom" said...

so cute he looks like such a little boy now!!!

Baldersons said...

He is so cute....yep, pretty similar life to ours right now! Nora is in a horrible bout of teething too but is only 19 lb - I literally cannot imagine carrying around a 30lb kid all day. Look on the bright side, your arms are probably amazingly toned!

Brooke said...

I love all the pictures! :) Colton is so cute. The picture of him in the cozy coupe with the basketball and the hoop AND his puppy all while watching Baby Einstein is awesome. I also love the hanging out with friends part. I don't know what I would do if you didn't live so close!

I looked at this post with Ryan and he shouted "CoTin! CoTin!" when he saw the pictures. And then we dealt with "Where is CoTin?" all morning long. Good thing he is coming over tonight. Ryan misses his buddy!

謝俊林奕宏宏 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah said...

He is such a babe. Love this little window into his world! He sure is a lucky boy!

Jordan said...

hahaha.. the last two posts were really funny ang. i was laughing a lot. i like the picture where colton has everything to try to keep him happy while teething.

Jill said...

OH, he is so cute, cute, cute. I am pretty certain that he's even cute when he's grouchy. I love that "high maintenance" picture with all his accessories. Also love seeing those two little buddies together! I have a similar picture with Colton and Bree that I'll have to send to you. Miss you.

Janae' said...

Ok...he's is so cute. I miss him. But...what the heck is that "farmer tan." haha :)

Crystal said...

Oh, the life of a mom. Fun, fun! Well, except for the teething; that is no fun at all. I do love the picture of Colton in his little car watching TV to make him feel better. So adorable!

佳陳生 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
becca said...

What a fun description of your life. I especially like the "kisses that turn into face slaps" part and laughing at Colton saying "No no throw legos" while in time out. What a fun personality he has! I know you work very, very hard, but I am so glad you truly enjoy Colton. That's one of the things I admire about you being a mom!