Friday, October 29, 2010

It's a bird...

It's a plane...It's SUPERMAN! and...it's the cutest, coolest little superman ever, I'm convinced. Sorry if you child was also superman, because Colton looked more awesome than your kid :). (joking of course)

I decided to make him a cape and keep the rest normal because I knew he wouldn't tolerate a costume. Good call on my part because it all worked out perfectly and he kept the costume on the whole night. (I'm superwoman, mike is a dice, and my mom is just super festively dressed. More on "my awesome mom came to visit us" week in a later post.)
I'm so proud of my cape! Here is an up close of what I made, and all for $6! Shiny blue fabric, red fabric, some good scissor work with red and yellow felt, iron on, and sewing

11 comments:

Baldersons said...

He is a pretty handsome superman! Good job on making the costume too

becca said...

Whoa, that felt work was awesome. He looks so chill as a superhero, especially when he's also drinking a bottle. What a cutie, and how perceptive of you to find a costume that he would enjoy!

Sharon said...

So cute!! You did a great job.

Jill said...

I'm so happy I got to witness the superheroes personally! I love you all. Colton is truly the COOLEST Superman ever. Mike did a great job with the games, and you did a great job as creative genius. Fun times.

sam and brittney said...

What a cutie! I am impressed with your craftiness!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Great cape!! What a little Martha you are! :)

Anderson's said...

So cute! Andi was batgirl, Cohen was batman and Neal was Robin. It was so fun! I also made Andi's cape and I want to make more it was so fun

Crystal said...

He's definitely the cutest little superman I've seen. I loved your capes.

Hannah said...

Perfect costume and perfectly executed. He looks awesome (and so do the rest of you)!

Karen the "Hungry Mom" said...

hahaha so cute, him and sage would have been a sweet couple this year :)

janner said...

Yeah for superheroes! Colton is the cutest superman ever!Great job on the costume too! I love how you are all domestic now! haha. Give the girl a saw, a glue gun, power hammer, a sewing machine...You are awesome!