Monday, November 1, 2010

Before and After

Over the past year I have been gradually redoing my bedroom. Last week when my mom came in town, we found this amazing deal on nice fabric ($2.50 a yard!) and made some curtains. Now my bedroom is basically done, besides a few finishing touches. I love the way it looks!

BEFORE:
Here is a list of the improvements made over the past year (super affordable):
-New headboard, made by me
-New dresser/nightstand
-New comforter
-New curtains, made by me and mom
AFTER:

...and no, I do not intend to keep a little giraffe and teddy bear stuffed animal on my little ladder stand :)

11 comments:

becca said...

Amazing! Those really are fabulous! I love the color and pattern, and I love how the windows flanking your bed each have a curtain panel to one side. You must be so pleased.

I think that deciding on curtains and hanging them is akin to rocket science. I'm sure it was a lot of effort, but it looks soooo worth it.

Sharon said...

I love it. I absolutely love the curtains. They look fantastic. And your new headboard and dresser and comforter. what a difference. You did a fantastic job.

Kara said...

Nice work! It looks amazing! I love the colors that you chose. Very warm and inviting. So, can people hire you? ;)

Jill said...

Hurray! I love the result! It was fun to be part of the project, and now to see how gorgeous it all looks. Way to go!

Renee said...

It looks great! Way to go Angela!

Aaron and Celina said...

LOVE IT!! it looks so good!!! the curtains really add a lot!! oh and ps colton is pretty much the cutest super man i have ever seen!

Toni S. Cook said...

Fabulous job!! I love your dresser and will be forever impressed that you made that headboard! Colton is way out of the baby stage and is so adorable. Glad things are going so well!!

Chrissi said...

Looks amazing!!! I need to do something with my bedroom since it looks absolutely blah. Way to go!

sam and brittney said...

Love it! Can you come over and fix my room??

janner said...

It looks great! Think you guys should start your own HGTV show..."Mom and Me Makeovers" or something. It was fun to see the before and after!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

The curtains are my favorite! You chose a really great fabric. Turned out awesome :) good job!