Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy

This is what makes me happy today: (Yes, I did it already. I decorated for Christmas.)
---------
Stockings and Christmas trees pictured above). I made our stockings last year. Love them. I also love my new lime green and white ornaments and added to our tree this year.

Mini snow globes. I am obsessed with miniature things. My MIL gave me these and I love them. Santa, teddy bear AND snowman. Amazingly cute.
Clay nativity I made in elementary school. Do you see the mini nativity in the attic? Yeah, I made that too...it's mini, and I love it. (My mom put all the figures in this cool wooden house a few years ago. Thanks mom!)December calendar. Me and my friend Brooke made these last year. I spent time doing each magnet number, and I love each unique one.
Nativity. Although I'm still missing the wisemen, I'm positive this is the most gorgeous nativity set out there.
Mini Santa clothes. (are you sensing a "mini" theme here?) Umm...mini Santa, Mrs. Claus, and elf clothes hung by clothes pins. Does life get better than that? No, no it doesn't.
and as always...my boy Colton and bigger boy Mike. Here is Colton pictured mixing up something. We give him whatever we find and have him mix it to keep him entertained. I believe this has sprinkles, water, peanuts, crackers, and cheese. Yumm....
So, that it what makes me happy today :)

12 comments:

Sarah said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend, and I just want you to know that I, too, decorated already (and while I always think big trees are better, I have a mini tree with mini lights, mini ornaments, and even a mini tree skirt!!) and I love all of your decorations! If I were as crafty as you I would love to make the advent calendar and I love the mini Santa clothes!

(Just wanted to give you some validation, cause everyone who decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving needs some validation. It's a great choice!)

Angela and Mike said...

haha, thanks for the validation Sarah. I was totally dying over the section in Michaels with all the mini tree stuff. Oh. my. cuteness.

Mike + Mo said...

Angela! I LOVE IT ALL! You did such a good job! I have been trying to get Mikey to put up my tree! I can't wait to decorate! Maybe tonight, after reading such an inspirational post! ;)

Brooke said...

That first picture looks straight out of a magazine! I love the white ornaments. They look awesome!

I am so jealous that you are already decorated for Christmas. If I can ever get my house clean enough I will decorate too. (I'm guessing I will have to give up on the clean house part eventually, but for now that's my goal!)

Your love of mini things must be why we are friends bc I LOVE mini things too! I love all your cute Christmasy things and can't wait to see them in person!

Brooke said...

Your mini Santa clothes beg the question: Is there a mini naked Santa running around somewhere?

Oh my!

lyndsey said...

lol! you are so funny. those mini things are adorable & i had no idea you were obsessed. no, there are no cuter things than those mini santa clothes. way to go on all your craftiness! and colton sure looks cute mixing his magic brew. can't wait to see you guys!

Aaron and Celina said...

can i just say, i love your house!!! it looks so good!! can allie and colton play again soon?

Jill said...

Angie, this is making me feel very happy. I'm having a hard time holding back, myself, and may have to give in early. Your home looks picture perfect. I bet Colton is having a blast. What does he think of the tree? I would have loved to have seen his reaction!

(To put Brooke's mind at ease, I think mini Santa is running around in his PJ's, so it's good.)

The Dawes' said...

I love where you hung your stockings, I might have steal that idea from you! Hooray for Christmas!!

Hannah said...

Little Santa outfits? How awesome is that? Did you make them? It kind of reminds me of trying to catch a leprechaun. The concept of a mini santa (with pj's of course) is really fun and silly.

Everything looks so beautiful and perfect and classy too! Gorgeous.

becca said...

Your house looks spectacular! I really love the placement of all your decorations this year. And I love how you said "Does life get better than mini santa clothes? No, no it doesn't." Hahaha. I love you, and I absolutely love your festive house!

Tiffany said...

Hey Angela! I found your blog on facebook and have become totally obsessed with blogs recently. I loved seeing your decorations! That will be a task for me tonight, getting our house ready for the holidays :-) Hope all is well--
Tiffany from OHS :-)