Does the perfect table exist? I've been thinking about getting a new kitchen table. Our $99 table and chairs have done us well for the past 5 years, but it may be time in the next year to upgrade.
There are SO many things to think about though when purchasing a table:
1) Pub/counter height OR normal - I'm going with normal for kid friendly use
2) Circle or Square - circle fits our space well, but I may want to change to square
3) How many people should it fit? - It NEEDS to be able to fit 5 or 6 and with a leaf hopefully 8. I'm soooo tired of barely fitting 4, I can't ever have people over.
4) Color: Black, dark, medium, light, or white. I'm very confused on this one...I already have dark wood in the main room, but I don't want to overdue it.
5) Benches and/OR chairs - I don't know, maybe benches are nice kids?
6) Cushioned chairs or straight up wood- I'm leaning towards NO cushion because it'll get thrashed.
7) Distressed or smooth - I really like distressed, but I need to make sure food won't get stuck in the cracks...right?
What kind of table to you have? Do you like it? What's going to work and grow with my growing family, but STILL look awesome?
This is the table I like, but it doesn't fit the space and is probably a little too dark. I like the wood planks, bench, and simple lines. There isn't anything like this in a smaller size though (LESS than 60 in)
Mike likes something more along the lines of the first picture and this one because of the medium color, but I'm not sure if it's stylish...is it?