Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Digging Out

(Colton pictured above in a woody hat with cousin and buddy Aaron in the background)

Christmas vacation was wonderful. Viginia was beautiful as always and family is the best. I ate lots and LOTS of food. I held my sisters baby for the first time. We gots lots of presents. I stayed up way too late and didn't change out of my PJs for a majority of the trip. It was glorious.

...and now we are back home in Vegas. I feel like my house has exploded. Boxes for Christmas decorations, halfway unpacked suitcases, and new toys that haven't yet found a home.

So far I'm on day 2 of my post-vacation recuperation...and I think I need another 5 days until I'm above water.

Sigh. 2011 here we come!

6 comments:

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

I could have written this same post for us! Traveling is wonderful but the aftermath is like a warzone! Good luck digging out! If I get caught up by next week I will feel like I have made some great progress!

Jill said...

You need a vacation after the vacation. It's like a hangover, but without the alcohol. We're digging out here, too, but without all the little "helpers."

Love you and MISS YOU. Thanks for making all the effort to come brighten our lives. Love that darling little cowboy.

lyndsey said...

seriously. I HEAR YOU. it's so overwhelming to come back. i thought vacations in the full-time work world were bad w/ the prep and catch-up, but i'm pretty sure being a mom is even worse b/c you can't leave the mess at the office. bah.

glad you had a good christmas! miss you!

Sharon said...

It's always crazy comimg back from a vacation. You'll catch up soon. Colton is so cute.

Crystal said...

At least, you are making an effort to dig yourself out of the Christmas mess. I'm so overwhelmed, I'm not even sure where to begin. Can we just make a new rule that let's us keep decorations out through January?
Love Colton's Woody hat.

becca said...

I adore this picture with little Aaron in the background! Oh, cousins are the best.