Friday, February 25, 2011

2 years ago...


Two years ago today, Colton was born. What a little stranger he was to me. I knew nothing about him and had no idea how to take care of him. I remember that first night in the hospital...I was sleeping...I remember hearing a noise and thinking, "what in the world is that?" Once I fully woke up, I realized it was MY baby, crying. I was terrified. "What in the world am I supposed to do with a crying baby? That's MY crying baby."

It's interesting to think of this little stranger. Now, 2 years later...I know every little thing about him. I know exactly where his freckles are. I know what reaction he is going to give in any given situation. I know his strengths, his tendencies, his fears. Mike put it well the other day, "it's like you two are a little married couple." We have our little routine, stick to it, and love it. He comes to me for comfort, I come to him for snuggles.

He's the best little buddy. I would choose him out of anything in the world. Happy 2nd birthday to my best little friend. We love you Colton!




11 comments:

Mike + Mo said...

Cute pictures! Happy Birthday Colton!

Baldersons said...

He is so handsome...happy birthday colton!

Kara said...

I love the way you put that. Its so true how these new babes come out as strangers. I never thought of it that way. I'm glad you have such a wonderful (and extremely cute) little buddy! I can't believe he's two already!

Taylor Kowallis said...

Awe, Happy Birthday little dude!! He is adorable!! We seriously need to get together more often!! We live like 10 mins apart dang it! :)

lyndsey said...

aw, happy birthday colton! he looks so grown up compared to those little baby pics. i love this post; i can totally relate to the whole "getting to know your baby" thing and i love that you guys are best buds now.

Heidi, Greg, and Jackson said...

Congrats to Colton! Was Mike there for his birthday? I can't believe how fast time flies and how big he is getting! Jackson was so excited for Colton to turn two because now "Bennett and Colton are the same age!"

Hope he had a blast!

sam and brittney said...

Happy birthday Colton! He is growing up way too fast!

becca said...

I love the line that Mike said about you two being a little married couple. This is such a sweet tribute to your baby on his birthday. You do know Colton so well, and that doesn't just happen -- it's because of all your love and service. Have fun celebrating tomorrow!

Anderson's said...

I can't believe he is two! Happy Birthday Colton

Brooke said...

What a sweet post. I feel so lucky that I have had the opportunity to watch Colton grow these last two years. What an awesome little guy you have! Happy Birthday Colton! We love you!

p.s. that newborn picture of Colton melts my heart. So cute.

Jill said...

A child changes our lives, in ways we cannot imagine. This one sure has been a blessing to you, and to all of us. Thanks for the beautiful post. Thanks for being such wonderful parents to our little darling. And, if you can believe it, the love will keep growing through all of Colton's future birthdays!