Sunday, February 27, 2011

Success.

Colton's 2nd birthday party was a big success. It started off with a little happy birthday singing and jumping...


Disclaimer: Yes, it is true that in all my child's bday pictures he has NO shorts. dang. YOU try and put shorts on him, and you'd understand why :) He IS 2 afterall :)

Then moved onto the decorations...(complete with Colton banner)

and friends... (Ryan, you are the best!)

and yummy cake... (Colton picked out the Alien candle himself!)

(okay I love this picture, PLEASE take note of the 12 Thomas the Engine stickers that Colton put on his shirt. He's awesome.)

and presents...(OKAY please PEOPLE, tell me you remember this Fisher Price record toy? It was one of my favs as a kid. Well, Target now has this vintage toy section, and when I spotted this...I just HAD to have it. Smart Target. Very smart.)


Great day. Great boy.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Love Colton singing happy birthday to Tol ton (and then arms out to the side). So cute. Looks and sounds like he had a great day. Happy Birthday Mr. two year old.

Jill said...

I'm so glad that Colton has Mike as a choreographer and singing coach! AWESOME! That is great footage. Love the decor, and the trifle cake with alien and spaceship candle. That's my idea of a birthday! Looks like a happy occasion, and I'm glad Colton has Ryan for a buddy. It looks wonderful, Angela, good job! He is darling and I love all of you so.

sam and brittney said...

The singing and bouncing in the crib is the cutest!

Hannah said...

What a treat to get to see Colton sing happy birthday (and Mike too). Everything looks awesome. Are there any tricks to making those cute flags? I'm doing a baby shower in a few weeks and would love to make one.

Hannah said...

And the record player is AWESOME! Mom had to get one for us on ebay because they didn't sell vintage stuff back then.

Brooke said...

Colton is so cute. I love the video of him singing happy birthday! I can say from experience that the trifle cake was as good as it looked. It was excellent. Zach was talking about it all night. Thanks for including us in the celebration! It was GREAT!

Aaron and Celina said...

Happy birthday Colton!!!!! Thanks for the invite ;) I can't believe it's already been 2 years!!!!!

The Dawes' said...

Love it! Especially the no pants. Happy Birthday Colton and I hope the "terrible twos" aren't too terrible. He seems too sweet to be any sort of trouble.

Crystal said...

His birthday jumping and singing is awesome. It looks like he was all pumped up for his big day of celebrating.

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Ah! I remember that record player! Awesome! I just may have to swing by Target and get me one of those! Anyway, happy belated birthday to Colton! That cake looked AH-mazing!

Karen the "Hungry Mom" said...

catching up on your blog, cant believe that dude is 2!!! So big so fast. I love your post below, its so sweet :)