Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Preparation

So, I wanted to introduce you to a little thing I love called a "social story". I make these little "social story" books for Colton to help him with transitions, events, or different experiences. I've made books for changing diapers, getting into a car, going to bed, going to a wedding...and NOW....FOR HALLOWEEN!

I always feel a little silly making these. But, the bottom line they help Colton know what to expect.

And I now present to you...Colton's Halloween book. (4 pages per sheet) My favorite page is "My friends dress up as animals, princesses, and ghosts. Some even wear masks or funny hats. But it’s okay, because costumes are fun and just pretend."haha. And YES, that is Colton's face I put on a random kids Man in the Yellow Hat costume. haha. Awesome.



Halloween here we come!

9 comments:

Taryn said...

You don't even need H-ween books from the library...just make a few more of your own :) You are such a good mom to sweet Colton. Always willing to do anything and everything to make his life better!!!

lyndsey said...

ang, that is THE cutest thing i have ever seen!!!! you are amazing.

Baldersons said...

these are adorable..you are such a cute mum!

Brooke said...

Cute! I think you could start selling these. With Ryan's potty training program I printed out a bed time routine with pictures and everything. I thought of you and the cool books you put together for Colton. It works great for Ryan too! I think all kids could benefit from knowing what to expect and feeling a little more in control of what's happening around them. You are such a great mom!

Jill said...

Good for you! This is perfect! I was thinking a social book would work great for Colton's Halloween! I have cut out his costume and it will be very quick to make. You are getting the hat, right? Hopefully I can make it this weekend. Life has been a little too hectic this week for me to sew. I am so glad our little Colton has you for a mom.

Cummards said...

This is so cute! Im sure he loves these, I really think every kid would love to have this! We are all a little happier when we know what to expect! Love the costume idea!!

Sharon said...

I tried to leave a comment a minute ago and it didn't work. We'll see if this one works. The book is perfect. I love it. Colton should be totally prepared for Halloween. My favorite page is the one where is face is on the man with the yellow hat. He will be so cute on Halloween.

becca said...

I hadn't thought about how many confusing aspects there are to celebrating Halloween. I like all the images of kids in costumes you found. Now I feel ready to "knock knock knock and say 'trick or treat!' " I can see you are going to go trunk-or-treating, too. I bet you'll have a great time!

The Dawes' said...

That's so awesome that you made that, you're such a great mom! Colton sure is lucky.